StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my second V2, yesterday, but haven't named it yet. It's a 2014, like my other one, but set up for lots of fun.
My first one is bone stock with 16,0000 miles on it. It has always had "the" bog from 3500 to 4500 rpm's. The "new", used one, only has 3600 miles on it. The previous owner had a Two Brothers pipe on it, along with K&N air filter, and Power Commander 5. It runs great and sounds even better.
I just put my first tank of fuel thru it and got 30 mpg. The stock bike gets 41 mpg averaged over 90 tanks of fuel. In time I'll try to squeeze a couple of mpg more out of the map, but that's in it now.
What results did ya'll who mapped and piped your V2 get and how much of a change from stock?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Be sure to check your tire psi... I was getting low 30's from the dealership. Then I realized psi was about 10-15 too low. Once I filled them to spec I got an immediate 10mpg increase.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I haven't even had one yet. :surprise:
I'm surprised I went for it. Quite a few times, I've felt like a slave to my bikes, with the maintenance that comes with them.

Be sure to check your tire psi... I was getting low 30's from the dealership. Then I realized psi was about 10-15 too low. Once I filled them to spec I got an immediate 10mpg increase.
I've been down that road a couple of times, the obvious sometimes, is slapping ya in the face. :wink2:

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quick update. I'm filled up the second tank full today and got 42.2 mpg from it. The driving was similar to the first tank, so the roughly 12 gpm increase has me bewildered. I'll chalk off the first fill, if the few tanks are more inline with the second.
I can't put into words how much more enjoyable Victoria(named it) is to ride then Big Vicky(my touring V2), just because of the missing 3500/4500 bog, mama Suzuki included with the stock system. I'll be adding a Power Commander V to Big Vicky in the near future, rather then be annoyed with mama Suzuki's denial.
I'm going to download a copy of the map that's loaded presently in the PC5 and work around it, when I get the other PC5 for Big Vicky. My main motive is to loose the bog range, but feel I might be able to squeeze some mileage out of the stock system.

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,230 Posts
I hope you wind up with at least 40mpg... my old Honda ST1300 got 44mpg overall and that beast was 200 pounds heavier and a rocket. I named her Red Sox so don't use that :) But hey, I'm from Boston and they're tied for 1st place now :)

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
Quick update. I'm filled up the second tank full today and got 42.2 mpg from it. The driving was similar to the first tank, so the roughly 12 gpm increase has me bewildered. I'll chalk off the first fill, if the few tanks are more inline with the second.

I can't put into words how much more enjoyable Victoria(named it) is to ride then Big Vicky(my touring V2), just because of the missing 3500/4500 bog, mama Suzuki included with the stock system. I'll be adding a Power Commander V to Big Vicky in the near future, rather then be annoyed with mama Suzuki's denial.

I'm going to download a copy of the map that's loaded presently in the PC5 and work around it, when I get the other PC5 for Big Vicky. My main motive is to loose the bog range, but feel I might be able to squeeze some mileage out of the stock system.

The power commander does nothing for the ECU issue. I have a 2015 V2 with a full exhaust, K&N, and PCV. Don't waste your money unless you plan on installing a full exhaust system.

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I hope you wind up with at least 40mpg... my old Honda ST1300 got 44mpg overall and that beast was 200 pounds heavier and a rocket. I named her Red Sox so don't use that :) But hey, I'm from Boston and they're tied for 1st place now :)
I'm pretty sure I will, and am actually expecting more on an interstate tank. Right now, I'm tickled pink, or maybe Kawasaki green, with that tanks total.

The power commander does nothing for the ECU issue. I have a 2015 V2 with a full exhaust, K&N, and PCV. Don't waste your money unless you plan on installing a full exhaust system.
Time will tell, I'm no mechanic, but I'm only interested in getting that bog out, not any peek performance, for Big Vicky. She's now my touring bike. I'll take it step by step, hoping the PC5 will do that. If not, then a K&N air filter. Lastly, I'll do a pipe, the quietest one, I can get.
I'm really scratching my head with the 42.5 mpg, I just got. I was always under the assumption, more air/more fuel=less mpg.
If things get conflicting for me, I'll probably take it to Dr. Dyno. He's done tons of bikes with his dyno. He got my Fatbob running tons cooler then it did from Milwaukee.
It'll be awhile before I mess with anything, fall touring season, is upon us. I plan on leaving as early as next Fri. for a two to three week New England ride, possibly including Nova Scotia, first things first. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
You named it Victory and your not going to tell us why! You know that we want to know

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You named it Victory and your not going to tell us why! You know that we want to know
It's actually, Victoria. I originally named my Glee, VickyVStrom. When I got the first V2, Big Vicky was just to differentiate. Who'd'a thunk, I'd end up with another V2?
A cousin, who died a few months ago, was named Victoria, so dat was dat. I originally was naming'em, because of the Fuelly Ap in my signature.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts