StromTrooper banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The weather is just to good to pass up a ride in Qld to start of the new year. Vic and SA have the 40 degree days at present, but so far this summer up here is cool and ready for riding. We will get our share of the hot stuff eventually.

This is picture perfect 5.30am - a view of Mt Warning....fantastic!

Nimbin Rocks - I did the usual easy gravel sections enroute through this area...no traffic! Just a couple of dirt bikes. Note the new black exhaust guard that came with the new pipe from RTLinney, it is quiet again [thanks mate]. It looks better than the silver one. The old system had been 'tampered' with.

Rocky Creek Dam - another dam I finally discovered, I have heard the other Gold Coast strommers talk about it. Nice.

I am looking forward to Bingara. There are a few new stroms joining at present and just before Xmas, I hope guys will join us in Bingara. Have a good new year!

·
Registered
924 Posts
Couldn't agree more Mustang.

We were fortunate to have Travelling Strom with us for a few days last week. We celebrated the last day of the year with an early ride up to Forest Hill for brekky at the Italian girls' place Cafe Sorella, then up to the Gatton turnoff for TS to continue his ride out to Chinchilla.

The other purpose for the ride was to go up to a property on the Yandina-Coolum Beach road to inspect an R800 Beemer. The remaining three of us, my cousin on his Aprilia Tuono V twin, a mate on his Duc ST4s and me on the Strom to provide some class against the euro-trash, then headed up to Esk for a fuel stop for the euros. Then up the valley past Somerset Dam on to Kilcoy before going past the hippie-fest the Woodford Folk Festival held annually. Then it was up into the mountains and through the three Ms Maleny Montville and Mapleton (more juice for the euros).

The final short run took us down through Nambour and along the highway to Yandina and out to our destination. The owner of the R800 had a lovely acreage property with a huge well equipped shed housing among other things a cafe-racer project based on a BMW 1000 boxer unit, a couple of tractors under restoration, and his daily ride, an 07 Wee.

Examination and test ride of the R800 completed, we headed for the slab to allow us old guys to get home and have a quick kip before new year's celebrations that evening. Our final stop was at Wild Horse Mountain, where I finally joined the others at the bowser, grabbed a quick cup of expensive and crap coffee, then down the highway to home.

The day had been perfect- an easy 450 klms, slight overcast keeping the heat at bay with the occasional light shower - made even more so when an obviously intelligent and knowledgeable woman came over to us at the last fuel stop, and, ignoring the beautiful Italian thoroughbreds, commented on what a nice looking bike she thought the Strom was! :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Hehe...Don, when are those blokes from Euro-lands gunna realise that if they're gunna sell bikes here that they need bigger fuel tanks...it's a bloody big country down under...even when riding local:green_lol:

Mustang, I'm a recently joined strommer from Newcastle and have adjusted my holidays to meet up at Bingara in march...can't wait as this will be the very first rally I've ever been to....don't know quite what to expect but am excited anyway to be involved.

Cheers

wobbly_boot

(Dave)

·
Registered
808 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Then it was up into the mountains and through the three Ms Maleny Montville and Mapleton (more juice for the euros).
:
I did my full day on one tank also, putting along nicely for just over 400 klicks....its a real bonus having the large tank. The three M's, that's a very nice area.

Great to see you guys out Don. It would have been good to ride with TS. Great comment from the lady with obvious class, about the good looking Strom.

Looking forward to seeing you at Bingara Wobbly Boot. You can expect great variations on the Stroms, good company and some great ideas on future rides.

Trevor

1 - 5 of 5 Posts