StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Years ago I picked up a 'Bike Lift' brand front wheel pick-up device on CraigsList for my ZRX1200. HOWEVER, it didn't work on that style of bike, so it's been sitting my garage for the last 5-6 years gathering dust. Since I'm going to need a front tire in the near future I've been racking my poor brain about what to use to lift the front. I finally remembered the Bike Lift in the back of my garage.

Long Story - Less Boring: It Works Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's adjustable both in the horizontal and vertical directions. The one I have has the top 'red' bracket removed and uses the pin (shown below) which is inserted in the lower steering stem for lifting. The red bracket shown below is designed to encompass the entire bottom of the steering head. The lifting is a 'lever action' affair. When the handle is raised, the lift point is lowered. When the handle is pressed downward the lift point is raised. The base sits offset of the front wheel to enable the stand to be moved as close as possible to the lift point. Here's the website description:
"Allows the bike to be lifted by a lever.
  • Mono stand for lifting the steering column, which allows the removal of the front wheel and the dismantling of the standpipes
  • Universally suitable for almost all motorcycles with a hollow steer tube by adapter with conical tip
  • Specially suitable for almost all motorcycles with a closed steer tube through a mounting plate which engages under the lower fork bridge
Carrying capacity: 200 kg"

Here's a video of the sport bike version to show just how it works.

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
If you try and use a front paddock stand only and not in conjunction with a rear paddock stand make sure you watch some videos on what is the best method to pick you bike up off the floor.

Rear up 1st then the front. Never the other way around.

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
To be used ONLY with a rear paddock stand!!!

Any single point steering head lift has to be used with a rear swingarm stand.
Thumbs Up 03.jpg

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have an Abba Superbike Stand that I used on a few others bikes ... plan to get the adapters for the V-Strom when I need it. Folds up and stores away nicely.

·
Registered
464 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Drool! Have wanted one of those for a long time!

Don't see a kit for a DL; just TL and SV.
I emailed them about that ... here is Abba USA's response:
"
the reason is because there is some extra information relating to
the V strom 1000 that we have not yet added to the USA version of our
website.

If you go to abbastands.co.uk and try to buy a superbike stand for the V
strom it will come up with all the extra information you need to know.

If your happy with this then you can go back and purchase the superbike
stand from the USA site by ordering a stand for a GSXR1000 (05-19) then pick
any year. The GSXR1000 uses the same kit as your V-strom.
"

·
Registered
769 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Abba Sky Lift Pro is the 'Gold Standard' for bike lifts! But the cost at $900 is a bit outta my price range!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts