StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read a while back that there is a stock folding shifter that will work as a replacement for my Vee. I think it was a DR650. I've searched, but to no avail.

So, Does anyone know of a folding shifter that fits the Vee? I want to eliminate the linkage, and go straight to the shaft.
thanks.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
75 Posts
The dr650 shifter will fit. Its a bit long so I cut a section out and re welder it together. Works like a charm...and I've drop tested mine without failure....numerous times!

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
I've had my DR650 shifter on my Wee for about 26,000 out of 34,000 miles with no problems at all. I'm happy with it. Got it from Dual-Star.com.

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
The pattern is reversed on the Wee i.e., 1 up and 5 down.

No pattern change on the 1k.

I installed it to make some more room for my foot. Worked like a charm. Once installed, I adapted to it very quickly, and am thoroughly happy with it. No regrets whatsoever.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Can anybody tell me how long a stock DR650 shift lever is. ???

·
Registered
25 Posts
The pattern is reversed on the Wee i.e., 1 up and 5 down.

No pattern change on the 1k.

I installed it to make some more room for my foot. Worked like a charm. Once installed, I adapted to it very quickly, and am thoroughly happy with it. No regrets whatsoever.
I know this is an old thread, but is anyone still around that can verify this or show me a photo of what it looks like installed? I'd love to have GP shift on my bike. Having ridden amateur GP racing for a number of years, the reverse shift pattern really appeals to me....

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Just take yours off ( linkage and all ) and put on a DR650 folding shift lever.It go's straight to your your shifter's splined shaft.I just did this to my Vee and I have to say it was by far the best mod I have done to the bike,And I have done MANY !!.The extra 2-3 inches is perfect for my boot size !!.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts