StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks!

Really would like to find some DL owners in Ohio to ride with, chat, and share information. I'm in Columbus. To give you some idea of my experiences with the DL650, I just did over 13,000 miles on my 2005 in less than 6 weeks. I'm planning trips to Alaska and Mexico in the next 2 years.

What I'd really like to get together is some sort of monthly get together, maybe a short ride. I know of a Coffee Shop in Columbus that could accommodate a group quite nicely.

If anyone is interested, please contact me -- either reply here, or email me.

·
0 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!!!

There is a rather large group of V-Strommers in the Columbus area...but most are DL1000 riders...just so you know.

There are a couple single pipers too...but their mostly old and slow riders:D

It sounds like you ride pretty serious...so us 1000 owners would probably let you hang around...so long as you don't mind a little ribbing...and you'd have to ride in the rear too:cool:

Seriously though, welcome!!

I'm in Dublin. Big B is in Westerville. Scarlett Harlot is in Powell(slow old man). FireDog is in Centerville. Just to name a few.

Where in Columbus are you...and tell us about yourself??

We've got a little "get together" planned this Sunday.

Newcomers are always welcome.

BTD.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Welcome to the group ckb

Several of us strommers in Central Ohio do get together from time to time. If you are an experienced rider I would call your attention to just about any of the guys other than me. I am the old slow guy new to bikes as I just started riding 2 years ago at the age of 50.

This was the coldest summer in Alaska for like a 110 years or so, so it is good that you are waiting until 09 or 10 for the trip.

Also sounds like you have had a busy summer. I have only managed about 300 miles since April. Maybe we can meet up soon.

What coffee shop do you have in mind?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I'd certainly be interested (although im still a complete noob heh).

I'm usually down in the Columbus area (Delaware specifically) at least 2 weekends a month.

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
You don't wear any maize and blue when you're down here do you?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm on the West Side of CMH. I Teach at OSU Newark, write fiction, and generally spend my time trying to find new and interesting places to ride. I'm in Grandview a lot, since its midway between home and work.

I've been hanging around with some of the Motohio Guys (Ducatti, BMW) but the snob factor is really getting to me -- I'd like to find people who are more into the ride and not the manufacturer. I think the DL650 is the best ride around, regardless of cost. I've got the pictures to prove it, too.

I'm really tired of the BMW GS guys telling me that I have to have a GS to go the kinds of places I do...

·
0 Posts
I've been hanging around with some of the Motohio Guys (Ducatti, BMW) but the snob factor is really getting to me -- I'd like to find people who are more into the ride and not the manufacturer.

I know excately what you mean!!!

Do you know what puts a bigger smile on my face than the one I already have after a good ride?
The amount I paid for my bike...as compared to the "other" bikes in it's "class".

If you're up for a spirited ride this coming Sunday, we're meeting at 7AM on Sawmill Rd., heading to Westerville, then points beyond.

Let us know.

BTD.

·
Registered
6 Posts
DL650-from Newark

Welcome, I bought my V Strom in June mainly for the height. As a tall female choices for light weight bikes are limited. The more I ride the more reasons I find to love this bike.

Just an interesting note: popnfresh employed University of Michigan, ckbarrett OSU-Newark, and myself Denison University.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Welcome to the Ohio gang!

Popnfresh, I was riding west of Ann Arbor last Sunday in the Irish Hills with two members "Bobby Sands" and "Weezel" who lives near Ann Arbor and knew the back roads between Ann Arbor and Jackson, it was a great ride.
Kyle

·
Registered
45 Posts
Welcome to the Ohio gang!

Popnfresh, I was riding west of Ann Arbor last Sunday in the Irish Hills with two members "Bobby Sands" and "Weezel" who lives near Ann Arbor and knew the back roads between Ann Arbor and Jackson, it was a great ride.
Kyle
I'll need to check that out. I've mostly been just tooling around the back roads of Dexter or going up and down to various places along 23.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm in Atlanta til Monday, but I'd love to get some folks together for a ride the Sunday after...any takers?

I've been hanging around with some of the Motohio Guys (Ducatti, BMW) but the snob factor is really getting to me -- I'd like to find people who are more into the ride and not the manufacturer.

I know excately what you mean!!!

Do you know what puts a bigger smile on my face than the one I already have after a good ride?
The amount I paid for my bike...as compared to the "other" bikes in it's "class".

If you're up for a spirited ride this coming Sunday, we're meeting at 7AM on Sawmill Rd., heading to Westerville, then points beyond.

Let us know.

BTD.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
I'm in Mt. Gilead.

I've met some of these shitheads, but never ridden with them. :D

What's the details on this Sunday? I work later but might be able to make a morning ride, or at least some of it.

·
Super Moderator
16,870 Posts
Welcome to the site ckevinbarrett....... would love to meet up with you soon!! Too bad we can't hook up with ya this Sunday, but there will be plenty more chances I'm sure.

You gonna ride with us Meefzah.....been hoping to meet ya?

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
You gonna ride with us Meefzah.....been hoping to meet ya?
Yeah, for a few hours at least. Where / when are you meeting?

·
0 Posts
Hey Meef,

I believe we are meeting at Big B's house in Westerville between 7 and 8am.
8am is the latest that we really want to start riding.

I'll PM you the address if you need it...just let me know.

It's not going to be a big group, maybe 6-8 riders max.

BTD.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Yeah, PM the address, maybe directions from 270 / 3 would be great.

I shall bring ADV in Ohio stickers!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Anyone in the Cincy area?

I just bought a wee, and am really liking it. Been lurking for quite some time, but finally found one to pull the trigger on. I ride a little slower since I crashed my VFR las fall. KLR in the garage too.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Nice meeting those of you I didn't know - Mike, Brian, Kevin, Dave, Jill, Tony - and nice seeing the guys I did know again - Matt 'n' Steve!

Kevin, I accidentally forgot you on the ADV / OH sticker, if you want one, PM me your address and I will mail it to you.

Sorry I had to bug out early. I have to work tonight at 4:00 pm and have a few things to do yet before I go in.

·
Premium Member
356 Posts
Nice pictures, I know all those ugly mugs in the pictures, just sorry I couldn't make it. Hope to meet you some day, we are in the same line of work.
Kyle

1 - 20 of 26 Posts