StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
but not out.

Just picked this up this nice little '01 SV650 Nekkid. Not showroom but extremely clean and basically untouched except for a Hindle slipon. As soon as I do my normal ergo adjustments (Gee those pegs make my knees bend!) I will decide if I prefer this to my '11 Wee. The SV weighs in at a soaking wet 400 lbs. and the Wee was getting a bit tough for me to handle.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Nice bike. I had a 2005 SV650N and loved it and wish I never sold it. It is still the only motorcycle I ever bought brand new.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I know what you mean. Before I bought my '11 Wee I had an '03 SV650N and I absolutely loved it. It's so light and flickable. I did have a nice 4 plus years with the Wee but I always felt that the Wee was a little tall and heavy for me. I do all my own work and the little unencumbered SV is such a piece of cake to do anything on. One thing that I will miss is the great support that we get here.

·
Registered
975 Posts
the 2017 sv is racking up good marks.

summer 2009 i wanted to move to a sport bike - namely, the sv650. i could not find any new ones in socal, so i traded my bucks for a ninja 650. it turned out to be gobs of fun.

recently the honda CB500F has been arousing interest.

i'm not ready for anything else at the moment, but the honda or sv could contend.

oops! derj, have fun besides whatever else you might do with that thing! :)

never heard, or heard of, a hindle. we need a sound bite!!

·
Premium Member
5,253 Posts
As soon as I do my normal ergo adjustments (Gee those pegs make my knees bend!) I will decide if I prefer this to my '11 Wee
hehe ...even my 25 year old gave up on the SV ergos when it came to getting to the good roads and is plenty happy on his FZ8.

Once the knees complain enough....give the CB500x a try. Sweet machine. Lighter, nimble and very popular and very nice ergos.

https://rideapart.com/articles/suzuki-v-strom-650-adventure-vs-honda-cb500x-comparison-test

note - the frame on the CBR500s is smaller than the CB500x - if you are on the tall side...CBR500 will be cramped......CB500x will be fine.

Hugely popular...thread is up to 600 pages - high on my list for Australia down the road
http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/honda-cb500x.840842/

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
That CB500X was always on my radar but I'm just so comfortable with Suzuki and the way that they design their bikes. As far as the ergos, the naked model is less extreme than the S model but still a bit tight around the knees. So the first thing that I did was order a set of Buell pegs which gave me an extra inch of stretch and made the ride comfy. The little SV actually weighs in wet at 10 lbs less than the Honda.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts