1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
-Bought my first motorcycle - 07' wee
-Loaded/Unloaded a bike in a pickup truck
-Rode in heavy rain storm.

A long but great day! 12hr round trip to get the bike. Once we got back into town, I had to drop my buddies truck off and ride the last 20min in a crazy storm. But the ride was great and it gave a good amount of confidence in the wet. The wind gusts were what made me nervous. Here is a wee bit about me wee and some pics!

Elka Shock
Suzuki Center Stand
Jessie Panniers
Givi Top Box
Fork Brace
Givi Windshield Madstad Brackets
Mirror Extenders
Auxillary Power Outlet
Dash
Pat Walsh Crash Bars & Skid Plate
Tank Bra
Tank Bag

Attachments

·
Registered
40 Posts
You will love this bike. I have been very impressed with mine and my son's - both 2007s as well. You mention this is your first motorcycle, do you have your motorcycle license endorsement already? Even if you do, I strongly recommend taking the MSF basic course and then in about a year take the advanced course. I took the advanced course after 20+years of streetbike riding and was amazed at how much I learned! Here in NC I also got a little discount on my insurance.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Elka Shock
Suzuki Center Stand
Jessie Panniers
Givi Top Box
Fork Brace
Givi Windshield Madstad Brackets
Mirror Extenders
Auxillary Power Outlet
Dash
Pat Walsh Crash Bars & Skid Plate
Tank Bra
Tank Bag
Congrats on the new bike!!! :thumbup:

I really like the setup you got. All good quality and, might I add, great looking mods on that bike. How much did it all set you back? How many miles on the Wee? ABS?

How did you get it onto the truck by yourself?

+1 to what Izrock said... tell us more!

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you have your motorcycle license endorsement already?
Yeah, I took the MSF course. It was a great course and learned a ton. Although, overall it was kind of sad to see, EVERYONE pass. Especially those that clearly should not have. I plan to take another advanced class very soon. I would like more seat time on my bike and shoot for $100, its worth it.

But I have been riding in the past, a friend has 8 acres and 3 cabins in the N. GA mountains. He has two dual sports and 3 ATV's. So I have some two wheeled seat time.

How much did it all set you back? How many miles on the Wee? ABS?

How did you get it onto the truck by yourself?

+1 to what Izrock said... tell us more!
It has 20k miles and no ABS. A buddy of mine went with me, so I had help. We were using Black Widow ramps. Its a 3 ramp system the width of the bed. So it wasn't too bad.

As far as the cost, I will say that I have seen on here and other boards several 07's with similar amount of miles for about $4k (just too far for me to travel to purchase), so I was on par with those, but being there is over $3k in farkles, I paid a few hundred over that. So all said and done, well under $5k.

My first ride impressions, well it was funny. Started getting close to Atlanta (Home) and I thought, hey lets unload the bike at my buddies house (the one loaning me the truck and ramps). His driveway has a dip and will flatten out the ramps substantially. Then I ride the wee back to my place and my other buddy who was with me, drive my car back home... Unload the bike button up the truck and it starts to sprinkle. Looked at the weather map on the phone, Sh*t the skies are about to open up! Lets crack-a-lack! About 1 mile from my place, the skies dumped on me. The rain didn't bother me as much as the wind gusts. I was getting pushed all over, so I pulled over. My buddy pulls in behind me, I jump in the car and he says, "Welcome to motorcycling!" :hurray:

I did get to go on a short ride yesterday (weather was still nasty) after the rain and before the fog. First impression is, damn that bike is comphy! Not that I can do any comparison. But whew, its nice. The Elka = :jawdrop:.

I'm currently planning several weekend get-aways, but gearing up for a 10 day ride in June with 2-3 other guys.

I took some pics yesterday too, I will post those up tonight after work.

Thanks to others for the kind words!

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
The process is almost painless.

You have been assimilated.

Your choice was one of your best decisions,
and you will value your bike more and more as you get to know it.

By meeting other Stromtroopers, you may find this site
amplifies your pleasure and broadens your outlook.

Works for me.
Keith

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
@ Keith
Thanks and sounds great to me!

I think I have checked the weather forecast more times in the last three days then all of 2011.

PS/FYI I moved to Fort Myers/Cape Coral right after college and lived there for 9yrs, before moving to Atlanta. :thumbup:

·
Registered
38 Posts
Congratulations on your purchase, looks like a nice clean bike!! The weather was pretty ugly on Saturday, glad you made it safely. I'm in the Atlanta area, too, perhaps we can ride some time.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah for sure, lets do. Now if we can just get this rain to stop and the fog to go away!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts