StromTrooper banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Vstrom going through East Texas on my way back from a trip to Kentucky. This was my first off of asphalt experience with the Wee, and we handled it well. Sand gets to me! The bike and I covered 3082 miles in 8 days, 7 really, the first day saw only a few miles towards my destination.

It was a fun trip including a distillery tour of Woodford Reserve Bourbon, lots of mountain riding, and drinking with old buddies. It was good to be there.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Looks good.

Trick to sand is, go like hell!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
loaded down that's a lot of weight behind the go like hell. I knew that spot was coming up, so I didn't let off the throttle.

S

·
0 Posts
Wow, I wish dirt roads in PA looked like that - I take the Vee on them.

Every time I'm on a "dirt road" here it involves crazy turns halfway down steep hills, and all on deep, round gravel interspersed with deep, winding ruts from water run-off.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Crosscountry where were those pictures taken? Might be going to East Texas this fall and would like to check that out
Damn old man, when did you learn to use smileys?

And when did you decide you were going east?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Crosscountry where were those pictures taken? Might be going to East Texas this fall and would like to check that out
hey, I ride in Austin every day. Maybe we'll cross paths.

That road leads north from Kennard, Tx. It's called CR1090 now I believe, but it had no name when I was growing up. It's not more than 10 miles, but there are plenty around there if you look.

·
Registered
671 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
pretty close. I lived nearer to Kennard on CR 1095 where there is a pond opposite a bend in the road, but it's all the same road to me.
Thanks...

That is not too far from DFW... hmmm looks like it could be a great day trip... very interested. :)

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hey keep it on the dl who you calling old man. I'm not as good as I once was, but I'm as good as I ever will be. Thanks for the info crosscountry, we will have to get together sometime soon. I live in southwest austin and my son, keep it on the dl lives in pflugerville. Rear shock blew out seal this weekend so I'm down for little while. Probably going to send it to sasquatch for complete rework.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
good luck with that. I"m in SW Austin for another couple weeks until my house up north is ready. You live in the hills?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Glad to have you in the Bluegrass!

Cross Country,

Hope you enjoyed your trip through the Commonwealth! There are some tremendous roads in South Central and Eastern Kentucky, especially close to the West Virginia and Virginia state lines! Let me know if you come through again!

Colonel

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thanks. I'm sure I'll be that way again. It's my favorite place outside of Texas. I usually spend time around Hazard and Berea. Both beautiful places.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts