Strom Trooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey you guys think this has a chance of becoming something that can be used in motor cycle protective clothing ?

sunny sunshine its hot !!

·
Registered
615 Posts
Looks pretty cool, but you'd probably have better luck with a fan magnet-mounted on the tank.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
I've used neck snakes, completely desiccated one from OKC to Tulsa one time. Now i carry two wet vests in a dry bag full of water and switch them out as needed.
There have been AC devices offered before and they are not on the market no mo!

·
Registered
544 Posts
I think it's only a matter of time before somebody comes up with an economical, efficient way of cooling riders. I was excited when I saw one that ran off the bike's electrical system and connected to the rider's gear with a hose. But that one's gone now too.

·
Registered
14,009 Posts
Larry Stonestreet wrote up a blurb about that type of cooling device in the BMW MOA magazine a few years ago. Told me it was a PITA and took valuable real estate on the seat that usually would be used for camping gear.
If you are worried about power consumption it may not be in your best interests.
Although the thought of cooling comfort when riding from St George Ut through the Virgin River Gorge to Mesquite Nv and the hot hammers of hell are pounding on you, it might be nifty!

·
Registered
544 Posts
Since we're sharing low-tech cooling solutions, I'll include mine.

In the morning before a hot day riding, I fill my Camelbak 1/2-3/4 full of ice (crushed or small cubes; not a solid block, for reasons that will be explained later). I then top it off with water. I stuff the Camelbak down the front of my riding jacket. Not only do I have cold water to drink for hours, I also get the cool bladder sitting against my chest for much of the day. If necessary, I can top it off with ice and water at just about any convenience store or restaurant.

In the event of a crash, the bladder would likely burst and disperse the ice water. Which is why I don't want a solid block of ice inside.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts