StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got around to a useful mod on the Wee. A while back I purchased an LED brake/tail lite at the auto parts. Typically used on boat/utility trailers. It is about 3.75 inches in diameter and has separate LED's for the license plate. Off goes the stock license plate lite and on goes the LED unit. Really big difference in illumination now. The stock tail lite has LED's but they have nothing on this trailer light. I can't imagine some one not seeing it from behind.
Install is fairly easy. It fits on the flat area vacated by the stock lite and the mounting holes have to be hogged out a touch. I also removed the license bracket and bolted the plate directly on the fender.
Wiring, you have to remove the tail section behind the seat to do the wiring. I was already there so why not kill two birds with one stone. The wiring is easy but time consuming. I only used a test lite for checking power etc. and tapped into the tail lite wiring on the bike for power and ground.
Appearance, debatable. Function before form works for me.................................Oh my, just had a thought, two more of those would make bitchin rear signals. Hmmmm ?

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Who you callin Sir ? So sorry, no pics. Have a Cannon thingy with film and no scanner. Also have a Cannon A 410 digital that is still in the box and smarter than me. Bought it last February and still have no clue how it works or if it does at all. It comes with three manuals which tells me I won't like the learning curve much. Someday I will post pics of one of the fugliest Stroms ever. Promise.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lajaro

lol. None of my clocks blink. My only claim to fame is all my clocks have the right time within a minute. That ain't bad for an old retired guy who no longer has a schedule. My VCR must have the proper time and date so it will record F-1 races while I sleep.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
lajaro said:
LOL - does your Strom's clock blink 12:00 too???? :p :D
He doesn't know what it reads. He put the piece of electrical tape over it so long ago he's forgotten his Wee even has a clock.

I think we need to dispatch a forum member to WaterWarrior's place to take some pictures for us. :lol:

Maybe someone that is retired can spend a month or so with him and teach him to use his own camera.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Such a plan Heavy ! How about if some one just shows up, takes all the pics for me, posts them with info and excuses and buys me lunch.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Heavy

Tis a pity your vacation plans won't allow more time on the west coast. And I would buy lunch.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Lets see how things develop. I'm staying a night in Hope before I hit the ferry to the Island. Maybe we can buy each other a meal somewhere.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
When will you be in this neck of the woods ?

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I could do that. Haven't been that way for years. Would make for a nice over niter for me. We gotta keep it in mind and do it. By then I might even discover the on button for my camera.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
water warrior said:
By then I might even discover the on button for my camera.
I am so curious that I do not even boggle at the impossible mission :wink:

water warrior
when you see this symbol: 1 appearing on below pic look at the top right corner: a small blue triangle will show you the power button of your camera.

This was today's camera lesson for you.
The rest you can learn here:

http://web.canon.jp/Imaging/psa410/101-e.html

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My Hungarian friend, you amaze me more and more each day. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Back to the tail lite. Went for a nite ride and the lite really does work. Dark(duh), hiway, overcast, no traffic. Touched rear brake peddle and the whole road lit up behind me. COOL. Left the key in park when I stopped at a view point and walked back 100ft. NICE and noticable. Think it needs tipping up a touch to really get um between the eyes.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
water warrior said:
I could do that. Haven't been that way for years. Would make for a nice over niter for me. We gotta keep it in mind and do it. By then I might even discover the on button for my camera.
Well, we are heading to Tsawwassen, to catch the ferry to the Island, on the 5th. Maybe we could connect as we pass through Vancouver or something.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
ThomasE said:
THey have digital cameras in Canada?
Of course we do...and the newest ones are almost small enough to fit in my V46 top case...and they even have enough memory to store 3 pictures at 640x480...pretty exciting. Problem is that they use so much whale skin in them that the polar bears just won't leave you alone long enough to take a picture. Its funny though, since it is never above -15ºF up here, you'd think the skin would remain frozen and eliminate the scent. Maybe I'll just go over to my french speaking Inuit neighbour's igloo and see if he has any suggestions. I just hope I don't get run over by the herds of caribou.

What State did you say you were in? :lol:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts