StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And it was great to see familiar faces and some new ones too! Thanks to Alex for keeping us dry at the Saturday night campfire and for Bill who schlepped the tarp! :thumb up: :thumb up:

Syd: when you asked me the distance to my house and I said 4 1/2 hours, I hadn't had my coffee yet. Its more like 6 1/2! ...:yikes:

I hope everyone had a safe trip home! The latest issue of Motorcyclist was waiting for me when I got home....:hurray:

·
Premium Member
928 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
We missed my fellow Massholes. :mrgreen:

When I expressed regret at their not joining us, Syd replied, "Anyone can have a good time in good weather..." :yesnod:

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
The "People" make the party! Weather turned out not to be to bad. Nothing worse than heavy drizzle during the Sat ride. Poured at night while we were all tucked in under the tarp with a blazing fire to keep us warm ?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Premium Member
2,285 Posts
And it was great to see familiar faces and some new ones too! Thanks to Alex for keeping us dry at the Saturday night campfire and for Bill who schlepped the tarp! :thumb up: :thumb up:

Syd: when you asked me the distance to my house and I said 4 1/2 hours, I hadn't had my coffee yet. Its more like 6 1/2! ...:yikes:

I hope everyone had a safe trip home! The latest issue of Motorcyclist was waiting for me when I got home....:hurray:
Steve,
I don't know about you, but we encountered a ridiculous amount of traffic due to leaf peeping. Maybe next year we should move the weekend up a little so there is less traffic. Glad everyone got home safe. The Canadian contingency should chime in that they are home safe. And, God knows what and where Shane is up to?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Steve,

I don't know about you, but we encountered a ridiculous amount of traffic due to leaf peeping. Maybe next year we should move the weekend up a little so there is less traffic. Glad everyone got home safe. The Canadian contingency should chime in that they are home safe. And, God knows what and where Shane is up to?

One week isn't going to help. The route you took got you near the Fryeburg Fair and Conway. Both heavily travelled/congested on weekends and even more so during Fair week and leaf peeping season. That's why we didn't hit Hurricane Mountain Rd after Whitehorse on Sat.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
529 Posts
As far as I know , all the Canadians except Shane are grudgingly back in the real world . Shane should be strafing the BRP about now , hopefully without any twigs in his rad ( or teeth !)

As we neared civilization , my cell phone woke up and BING! BING ! BING! , texts and missed calls flooded in , 23 in all , so a plague of work is upon me .

To make matters worse , my bike began running rough on the way home , which I hope is only a clogged fuel inlet screen ( there's another recent thread on here with similar symptoms ) , so ... my Maine euphoria is cherished .

Did I mention that OPERATION CANDLE was a complete success ?

Alex .

·
Registered
529 Posts
My grin muscles got a hell of a work-out that day .

Thanks , Pete and Gini !

Alex .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts