StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Meeting spot a) 8:00 am BP (south of 55 on rt 6, exit 248 south)

The plan is to ride the south side of the river out to Starved Rock.

Meeting Spot b) 10:00 am (+/-) at the Common Grounds BookCafé, 723 S. Clark St., on Illinois Highway 178, about four blocks south of downtown Utica.

Plan is open from this point....

Sunday's weather looks good for the day time. So why not make up for the saddle time missed last weekend..

See Ya
DavidLSI

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I am so very glad I went out today. The roads through Starved Rock were beautiful.

Common Grounds was a nice choice for coffeee.. I had a panninni before heading off that was very tasty,

After chatting, I did head out to Dixon and the Rock River, Along the way in Troy Grove, Illinois I came accross the Birthplace of Wild Bill Hickock. It was so unexpected that I had to stop for a picture..

Through Dixon and north up route 2 along the Rock River into Oregon, crossing to the east side. I wound my way north and east up to 173 and home.

To sum it up..
6:30 am to 3:00 pm 8 1/2 hours
345 miles
Weather was tremendous, clear and comfortable
Met a new rider, enjoyed a new coffee shop
Discovered Illinois is not total devoid of good roads

Just another great Sunday, so good that I was not disappointed that I totally missed the Bears Game

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Used to live in that area (Rochelle) and your ride brought back many memories. You did miss a good section of road on RT2 by not taking it north of Byron up to Rockford. Try it when you are in the area next time. Starved Rock State PPark is one of the best parks in Illinois. Another good park is White Pines. They used to have a good brunch as did the lodge at Starved Rock. Thanks for the reminder!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts