StromTrooper banner

101 - 120 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #102
Very wet ride down. Got a room both nights rather than tent. No rain for the Rally though. 7 total including 2 wives(Karen and Kelly). Was only 1 dinner / lunch option, but the food was good and descent portions. No breakfast anywhere so we made do at camp with oatmeal. Considering everything going on it worked out well and fun was had by all.
Fresh snow on Bear Lake Pass.
Saw this and thought it was appropriate for this rally.
Bear lake from the overlook.
Road to Sheep Creek Lake.
Went up to Ute Mountain lookout on the way to the lake.
Base of the Dam.
More to come.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #103
Thurs. after getting back from riding, Ken and I saw smoke and had to investigate. 2 travel trailers burnt up and included 4 explosions from the propane tanks.

Rode to Vernal Friday and had to get the Dinosaur photo entering town on the E. side
Lake photo.
A homestead now open for self tours on the S. side of the lake.
Teton Pass on the way home. Had 80 miles of rain prior to Jackson.
An old truck S. of Salmon, ID.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
Great pictures. It was just North of Vernal Ut in 2011 that I got run off the road and kinda wrecked my Wee.
The picture brought back fond memories of the emergency room Dr tell my friend I was tough ol' bugger. OW.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
My wife and I had a great time. Torrey was a great stop off. 108 when we got to Mesquite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
Is Mesquite ever cool? Stayed there several time to avoid the Sunday commute to LA. I'd leave early on a Monday and migrate through the morning traffic of Vegas and make my way to home.
Mesquite was good for cheap rooms and an interesting buffet for dinner.
Has the freeway system finally done with it's improvements?

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #108
Fun time. With only 7 of us I got plenty of chat time with everyone.
The ride home wasn't as wet, but did manage to get 80 miles of rain prior to Jackson.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Is Mesquite ever cool? Stayed there several time to avoid the Sunday commute to LA. I'd leave early on a Monday and migrate through the morning traffic of Vegas and make my way to home.
Mesquite was good for cheap rooms and an interesting buffet for dinner.
Has the freeway system finally done with it's improvements?
Mesquite is cool but not in summer. They are still working on the freeways. We have great weather 9 months of the year. Summer is the hottest. It’s actually at a lower elevation than where I live in North Las Vegas. 1600ft there, 2200ft here.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Got a suggestion for our "Gathering" location in 2021 and I like it. Its a KOA in Kamiah, ID. They have several options for lodging. Tent sites are standard $28 and deluxe(W/ covered table) $33. Motel out front with 2 options. Queens(2) $93 and King $86. Deluxe cabins(W/ kitchen) start at $135. Town is a mile W. and has everything needed. Lots of great rides in this area, including Lolo Pass. This year reservations are riders responsibility . Need feedback on dates. June 10th - 13th June 17th - 20th June 24th - 27th. Lets hope for a less drama filled year in 2021.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Better late than never...?
I wasn't able to make it to the Rally in June but now I'm at a point where I have to burn some PTO this month, so I'm headed to the flaming gorge.

Next year's site looks good.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Better late than never...?
I wasn't able to make it to the Rally in June but now I'm at a point where I have to burn some PTO this month, so I'm headed to the flaming gorge.

Next year's site looks good.

Enjoy the scenery.

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
On my radar, but still real close to grand daughters birthday.
But it’s kinda on the way home from Great Falls
Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
366 Posts
Enjoy the scenery.

Thanks. I wish I could have joined you back in June. Now at L east I have time to take it easy and enjoy the ride out and back.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #118
Set tentative dates for the 2021 Rally. Going to try out something new and do a mid-week event. Probably June 21st-25th(Mon-Fri.). Opinions? Might help those not retired.

Reactions: vegashotwheeler

·
Registered
366 Posts
Time to start a new thread for the '21 Rally?
I like the suggested dates and 5 days vs 3. I'm not retired yet but will use some PTO to make it work.

Probably going to trailer the Wee to black hills and drop spouse and vehicle there to visit friends. Then it'll be a nice light ride the rest of the way.

101 - 120 of 120 Posts