StromTrooper banner

61 - 80 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Well I said that at the end of April an update on the rally status would happen. So heres my summation. No plan to cancel at this time, Looks like things will be opening up over the next month. Cafes and food service might be the iffiest, but we have 6+ weeks. So baring any setback this could still work.
Subject to travel restrictions, I’m still in.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
kd70qc- Glad to hear. I think I'll need this by next month.

·
Registered
840 Posts

·
Registered
1,915 Posts
I need it already. Reserved the TeePee. The wife may be coming with.
Hurry and cancel the Utah strippers!

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
366 Posts
We're starting to open up here in Minnesota. Bars and restaurants will be closed for a couple more weeks but most businesses can open if they enforce the SD protocol.

I'm still counting on the trip. I need to get away from work! I'm just not sure if the states I have to ride through will have restrictions about passing through. South Dakota, Nebraska, Wyoming and Colorado. Not to mention Utah.

But, in the meantime, I'll just Relax and have a homebrew.

Autocorrect is my new enema

Reactions: notacop

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Services(Food especially) are my biggest concern right now. In a week I'll call the KOA and see what they can tell me to expect. The one restaurant is just down the street in town, but the larger one is 3 miles N. in Wyoming.
Washington opened their State Parks, so while out on a ride yesterday I stopped at one to eat my lunch and found that the camping area was closed and so were the restrooms. So watch where you step, it might not be from someones dog. They(The state) really has it act together don't they.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
We are at Phase 1 of reopening in Nevada. Got to have a sit in breakfast at Denny’s this morning. Hopefully things are moving in the right direction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
If the restaurants are not an option, social distancing and a thing a friend calls "cup of shit" is a communal pot of what ever cans the participants bring. A can of vegall, a can of beef, etc can make a hobo's stew.
The friend suggested it may not be great but it would make a turd.Times can be hard but we could stay as a distanced group and share a meal. Got a loaf of bread to slice and sop it up?
Hey what's in that Flask?
Mark Knofler had a song about who put the pig weed in the Mulligan stew.

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
When my touring doesn't include others, almost all my meals are made in camp. So that idea has been in the back of my mind. We'll wait a bit more and see if thats needed and peoples thoughts on it.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
Only problem with group meals is that it takes a good size container to cook up enough for the group. Who wants to bring along a cauldron? Easier to boil water and pour it in a Mountain Home bag and have half assed lasagna in a few minutes. OH, some of the desserts made with cold water are really rich and quite good.
I've got a picture of a fellers open saddle bag. It was full of canned goods. Must have weighed 50 pounds full.

·
Registered
366 Posts
If the fire pits have a grille/grate I'm more than happy to plunk down a steak or chicken boob and cook it up. Even a brat on a stick will suffice. Add a can of frijoles ****** and I'm a happy camper.

True, I'd rather be served a good meal at a table at a restaurant, but I'm willing to make due.

Relax and have a homebrew

·
Premium Member
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #75
Just got home and was going to call the KOA, but guess i don't need to now. Thanks for that update Len.

Reactions: booghotfoot

·
Registered
840 Posts
I hate to say it, but I won’t be coming this year. Yesterday work through a curveball at me. A member of our team is leaving in a week, so I can’t be gone until we realign some responsibilities.

I really needed this trip too. Weekend trips in the south east just don’t cut it. The only positive side is maybe next year I’ll have enough vacation and $ to do Alaska.

·
Registered
366 Posts
So, early on in the thread I mentioned that I may have a construction project starting in June. Well, bids came in pretty good, we've done all of our prep work, and despite the covid stuff, the contractor starts mobilizing next week. They are scheduled to start demolition on the 17th of June.

But they have some critical fiber optics, fire data lines and electrical before they knock down the building. It'd be nice to see it come down, but I need this trip. However, I'm going to end up being there by myself, I could postpone the ride for a week.

I'm 1300+ miles away, and don't like to ironbutt, so kinda weighing my options.

Relax and have a homebrew

Reactions: notacop

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I was planning on stopping on my longer trip, but that is off, so I won't be there

Reactions: booghotfoot
61 - 80 of 120 Posts