StromTrooper banner

41 - 60 of 120 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Thats why I haven't posted anything. Still have hope for a recovery. I'll be able to better decide around the end of April.
I’m still hoping this virus peaks and dies out soon.
Lets hope its run its course by then.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Thats why I haven't posted anything. Still have hope for a recovery. I'll be able to better decide around the end of April.

Lets hope its run its course by then.
Sounds good another month should tell the tale. Unless the campground decides before then. Clark County NV has 350 cases and 10 deaths.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I surely hope so. I badly need to escape work for awhile.

On a side note, all of the local DMV offices in the State of MN are closed, and they don't allow MC tags to be renewed online. Their website says the still so mail in renewals, but I'm afraid I'll not get it back in a reasonable amount of time.

Relax and have a homebrew

Autocorrect is my new enema

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Calif's DMV is closed too. Thankfully Triple A, AAA contracts renewals and the like. I've avoided DMV for years except to get my license renewal. That I do by appointment.which seems to work very well.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
Our DMV is farmed out to private franchises. Renewed my DRZ Thurs.
All construction is shut down as of Fri., so who knows whats next.
I've been doing 3 long rides a week until this one, as I caught a cold and got forced into self-distancing. Might be able to resume in a couple days.

Reactions: booghotfoot

·
Registered
379 Posts
Calif's DMV is closed too. Thankfully Triple A, AAA contracts renewals and the like. I've avoided DMV for years except to get my license renewal. That I do by appointment.which seems to work very well.
MN cars and trucks 1 ton and less are farmed out online too. But motorcycles are not. Gotta do 'em in person or by mail.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I surely hope so. I badly need to escape work for awhile.

On a side note, all of the local DMV offices in the State of MN are closed, and they don't allow MC tags to be renewed online. Their website says the still so mail in renewals, but I'm afraid I'll not get it back in a reasonable amount of time.

Well, I mailed in my renewal on the 30th and they cashed my check on April Fool's day. I'm hoping to get my tabs soon, but the joke may be on me.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Well, I mailed in my renewal on the 30th and they cashed my check on April Fool's day. I'm hoping to get my tabs soon, but the joke may be on me.

Well, the DMV did actually process my tabs in a timely fashion. I got them in the mail on the 10th. Gotta give credit when it's due.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
I noticed the Pres Trump wants the Post office to fail. What's a person to do the where this no Post office? Doesn't sound like an American thing to do. At least you got your tags and don't have to worry for year. Hopefully conditions will be better then.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I think the Amazon delivery deal has breathed some new life into the post service. They're even out making deliveries on Sundays. Something that was unheard of just a few short years ago.

I could certainly live with 3 days a week service, but also wouldn't like to see folks lose jobs.

It still seems pretty cheap to post mail.

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Yah, cheap. Delivers under contract Sundays to other entities. I get a lot of shipments that start on Fedex and get delivered by the PO under contract. Because a lot of the commercial shippers do not deliver to rural boxes. The PO picks up the brunt of the load.
As many times as the PO tried to reduce to a 5 day week the Senators and Representatives rallied to keep the operation open. Some leaders don't think things through, They act on vindictive feelings because someone they consider an enemy has some involvement.
Reading the history in the future will be very enlightening. MAGA may not be the rallying cry.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
I think the idea is that the USPS isn’t charging enough to even cover expenses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
15,774 Posts
Not charging enough may be but contracts are contracts not something to be cast aside on whims.
With the digital age much of the higher priced first class service in greatly reduced and the rates of the bulk mailings and packaging can't make up the difference.Some would have different pricing depending on their association with the primaries of those corporations.
BAck when Reagan was Pres they took the USPS off the Gov't dole to save money but when it showed a profit it was quickly taken back under the Federal wing and those profits were put into the general fund. Then they were tossed off again to fend for itself. If the USPS could decide what offices to keep open and what services to offer on what days they might be able to function at a profit or break even. But when offices are threatened with closures and services dropped the local representatives howl and cry. Same with the National budget. Threaten to close an operation in their jurisdiction and the tears fall. It's all about the votes.
With the PO you have to consider it's primary function. Deliver mail to every address in the country. Now there are gang boxes at the ends of streets and office only pickup to reduce the load of deliveries and cut back on personnel.

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Not charging enough may be but contracts are contracts not something to be cast aside on whims.
With the digital age much of the higher priced first class service in greatly reduced and the rates of the bulk mailings and packaging can't make up the difference.Some would have different pricing depending on their association with the primaries of those corporations.
BAck when Reagan was Pres they took the USPS off the Gov't dole to save money but when it showed a profit it was quickly taken back under the Federal wing and those profits were put into the general fund. Then they were tossed off again to fend for itself. If the USPS could decide what offices to keep open and what services to offer on what days they might be able to function at a profit or break even. But when offices are threatened with closures and services dropped the local representatives howl and cry. Same with the National budget. Threaten to close an operation in their jurisdiction and the tears fall. It's all about the votes.
With the PO you have to consider it's primary function. Deliver mail to every address in the country. Now there are gang boxes at the ends of streets and office only pickup to reduce the load of deliveries and cut back on personnel.
Well when Amazon wouldn't pay more FedEx dropped them as a customer. Contracts expire and can be negotiated for more revenue.

·
Premium Member
2,898 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Well I said that at the end of April an update on the rally status would happen. So heres my summation. No plan to cancel at this time, Looks like things will be opening up over the next month. Cafes and food service might be the iffiest, but we have 6+ weeks. So baring any setback this could still work.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I'm hoping that a daily dose of good hops via my homebrew will either keep the SARS-CoV-2 at bay, or at least surpress its virulence if I contact it.
On tap:
□ Kveik IPA
□ Doppelbock
□ Weisbier
□ Russisn Imperial Stout
□ Dolgo Brut Hard Cider

41 - 60 of 120 Posts