StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I thought about Lens suggestion of Flaming Gorge and rode down to see it. Liked it , so thats where Cache Rally 2020 will be.
Manila, Utah KOA.
June 18th(Thurs) - 21st(Sun)
Tents- 2 per site allowed($33 w/tax for 2) Nice grassy sites. . Cabins- Bunkbed and 1 double(No bath) $63, so could sleep 3. Swimming pool.
Seems like plenty of things and rides to keep busy.
Photos and more soon

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
Oh, so close to home, is Ken going home for dinner? :grin2:
Sounds good. Hope i can join the festivities. I miss the camaraderie.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The KOA. Nice big sites, even for 2 tents. Cabins can be seen in the 1 photo.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sheep Creek loop. From a canyon to a mountaintop. A few gravel sections, but mostly paved.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Overlook at Red Canyon Visitor Center. 4-5 miles in on paved road. Great views also.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Another from Sheep Creek Loop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
January Len. I might be wrong, but I saw what looked like 10X25 Modular (1) that might be a rental also. There a couple motels within walking distance.

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
How is it that when the yellow box of joy goes east it disappears? Sumptin' wrong East of the Mississippi?

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Good to know Len. So everyone, I will be reserving a few camp sites soon. 2 tents to a site, so a head count is needed to at least get some idea on how many to reserve. For sures are great, but maybes are welcome too.

·
Premium Member
2,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also if you know, include your day of arrival and depart. Like Len I will arrive Wed.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Count me as a "probably". I plan on retiring at the end of May, so I should be either completely free to set my own schedule, or caught up in some craziness.

I expect I'ld make it a leisurely two-day ride from Denver. Is there anyone else who would be on that same schedule and would want to ride with me?
I'll be camping.

·
Registered
14,207 Posts
tgeliot, you'll love retirement. Hardly hurts at all.
It's only 400 miles from Denver to Manila, what are you going to do after lunch?:wink2:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts