StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hit 50 degrees today in Ohio, finally able to test out my new Givi screen. Well.... it works really good!! Mounted in lowest position, with no modifications made to the braket or rake of the shield. I had my faceshield up going 80 mph with minimal wind in my face. :shock: My faceshield would always close at 40 mph with the stock screen. I can actually hear my exhausts, and the wind noise is now almost gone. I had zero buffeting, even while following a big truck. I thought that I was on my buddy's Goldwing.. it was that smooth. If you are 6ft and under, this screen should do the job well. It was the best $96 that I have ever spent. Hope the weather gives me another decent day soon... I can't wait to go ride! :wink: A satisfied Givi customer. 8)

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So do you suppose that if mounted in a higher position it would be good for those us over 6'??

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Twist & Shout said:
So do you suppose that if mounted in a higher position it would be good for those us over 6'??
I have heard mixed reviews from people that are over 6ft. Seems that there are better shields out there, that are "MUCH" more expensive, that yield better results. I am always very leary of what I hear, peoples opinions seem to change with the weather. I just know that I have found a shield that works great for me. I have posted in other threads, stating that I wasn't looking for pure Gold Wing perfection.... just a good improvement over what I had. Several people have some good theories and fixes for their buffeting problems. :wink: It all boils down to what works for each individual rider, and what their expectations are. IMHO... this shield will probably work best for people under 6ft 1. I also have no doubt that certain helmets have less buffeting and wind noise than others. I wear an HJC AC-11, and I will buy another. I had a Shoei before, and didn't like it near as much! The Givi may be a good cheap option for anyone to start tinkering/modifying to make it work for them!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DavesNotHere said:
Are they still putting the dreaded black edge trim on?
Yes.... I think that it looks good, and I don't even notice it when I ride! I don't think it would be too difficult to remove.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Givi shield

BBurton said:
Twist & Shout said:
I have heard mixed reviews from people that are over 6ft. Seems that there are better shields out there, that are "MUCH" more expensive, that yield better results. I am always very leary of what I hear, peoples opinions seem to change with the weather. I just know that I have found a shield that works great for me. I have posted in other threads, stating that I wasn't looking for pure Gold Wing perfection.... just a good improvement over what I had. Several people have some good theories and fixes for their buffeting problems. :wink: It all boils down to what works for each individual rider, and what their expectations are. IMHO... this shield will probably work best for people under 6ft 1. I also have no doubt that certain helmets have less buffeting and wind noise than others. I wear an HJC AC-11, and I will buy another. I had a Shoei before, and didn't like it near as much! The Givi may be a good cheap option for anyone to start tinkering/modifying to make it work for them!
Brian, Givi makes two windshields for the Strom. Which one did you buy?

Dave53

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Givi shield

Dave53 said:
BBurton said:
Twist & Shout said:
Brian, Givi makes two windshields for the Strom. Which one did you buy?

Dave53
Hey Dave... the K4's and up have the new style. I believe that it is the D260ST. I understand that from reading other threads, that it really isn't about how tall you are. I see all the reasoning and points to these arguments. I think that my legs and torso are pretty average/normal for being 6ft. Maybe that is why the Givi works so well for me! :)

I have been riding in some pretty cold and windy weather... I still love it! 8)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts