StromTrooper banner

$6500 for an '09 with 10K miles too much?

1K views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  GeorgiaBill 
#1 ·
I'm about to buy it and now am wondering if I'm paying too much. Non-ABS but has $1500 worth of accessories. It's probably a lame question but I'm new and still too ignorant to qualify as stupid. Thanks.

#2 ·
I think you might be able to get a new 2011 for about that price at a dealer. They are clearing out the old models for the new 2012. I saw an ad on Craig's List for a new 2011 with the touring bags for $7900, plus tax (no other fees). And they were about $2000 cheaper in the US.

#3 ·
That is what I'd want to sell a similar bike for, but I'd likely negotiate down $1,000 or more as a buyer.

#7 ·
I agree, $5000 to $5500 might be about right. I tried selling my '09 ABS (20K miles) with about $900 of farkles for $6300 with the intentions of going as low as $5300, but I couldn't find any takers. I saw many similar bikes selling for less than mine. Compare it to other bike prices, whatever the market will bear, I guess.

#10 ·
If you were willing to spend $6500 for an 09, Why not just spend $7900 or so for a new 2011 as they clear out their stock ... Then you wont feel down ... And wont have got ripped off either ...

Otherwise find a nice 07 or so. They can be had for as little as $3500 up to $5000 or so ...

It is a buyers market. You will do fine ... Just be ready to jump when you find one that fills the bill. It wont last long.

#11 ·
Search of Kelly Blue Book shows a value of $5710. Always negotiable. I paid $3500 for a really clean '04 with extra seat and windscreen a few month ago. It made me happy but a lot of buyers are bargain fanatics and aren't willing to part with the bucks unless they feel they've hosed the seller royally.
If the bike turns you on, go for it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.