StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In cold weather, like 40-50s it won't idle. I gotto get right on the gas and ride it, which is difficult in the cities. I don't want to turn up the idle because once I is warm it would then idle at 2k.

Any ideas?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,049 Posts
The fast idle adjusting screw for 2004-2006 is pictured circled. It's close to where the lower throttle cable connects to the linkage.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm aware of this idle screw. However if I turn it up while cold it overrevs at idle once warmed up.

Is this normal for this bike, or do I have a problem?

·
38,049 Posts
There is a balance between the fast idle screw setting and the hot idle screw setting. Did you adjust the fast idle screw with the STVA disconnected to assure a cold signal, connect it and warm up the bike, then adjust the hot idle screw to 1300rpm? If so, check the linkage so one adjustment is not affecting the other. Check the service manual on p5-31. There may be a bad STVA or TPS if they can't be adjusted correctly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok I was not aware that there were two! I've been adjusting the one by my left knee.....

Sorry for not understanding, but where is the other?

From cold and from warm, how do I want these adjusted....?

Unfortunatly I am service manual less as that got the cut for litature books oops.

Thanks you for your time and dedication to this site!

·
38,049 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One last question, what is SVTA?

In Ecuador so service manual is at home and well not too easy here.

·
38,049 Posts
Secondary throttle valve actuator. It has a yellow + and a Black/Brown negative wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts