StromTrooper banner
101 - 120 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wow you guys(and girls) are tough. I feel like I've had the crap beat outta me. Am i gonna be welcome here when I get my 650 vstrom
So you've decided to get one? :thumbup:
Make sure and paint it a nice shade of pink so your friends will have an easier time recognizing you coming down the road. :green_lol:

That was my attempt at humor....

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
Wow you guys(and girls) are tough. I feel like I've had the crap beat outta me. Am i gonna be welcome here when I get my 650 vstrom
You are definitely welcome. This is a great forum. I think you just ran into people being exasperated by the idea that the DL650 is anything other than a solid motorcycle. Some people like more get-up-n-go others don't. The DL650 is a machine that accomplishes many things well and gets good mpg as a bonus. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
944 Posts
I really like the 650 vstrom. I think its a great all arounder and hope to get one in the near future. the problem is that all my riding buddies have 1000 - 1300 sport and sport touring bikes. Whenever I mention the vstrom 650 they say: Why would you want a girls bike? or its a great bike if your a girl. I know alot of women ride them but is it really a girls bike? i don't want to be the laughing stock when I go riding with my buddies.

Go through life worrying about what others think!! That's SOOOOO important. You like the bike, but get rid of it and buy a ZX14 to impress your buddies and be a limp.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Just hit them with your purse and don't forget to swing your booty as you strut away in your sling-back, peep-toed Sidi's :D

That made my margarita come outta me nose!!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Ease up on Madeleine Albright. She was a very well-liked SecState within the department.
And I heard she never wore knickers except at polo matches. Something about how horses have a keen sense of smell.

·
Registered
944 Posts
The next time a guy tells me that I'm riding a girl's bike, I'm going to go over to him and scratch his eyes out.

....and pull his hair while calling him a beatche'.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I may just pull the displacement stickers off it....thens it just another L twin.
I just put a "1" in front of the "650" on my bike.

It was like a double dose of Viagara.

·
Registered
824 Posts
I really like the 650 vstrom. I think its a great all arounder and hope to get one in the near future. the problem is that all my riding buddies have 1000 - 1300 sport and sport touring bikes. Whenever I mention the vstrom 650 they say: Why would you want a girls bike? or its a great bike if your a girl. I know alot of women ride them but is it really a girls bike? i don't want to be the laughing stock when I go riding with my buddies.

I would suggest finding new riding buddies.
Maybe some who are confident in their manhood and who don't need to be stereotypes.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Of course it's a girls bike, my girlfriend rides one. But she also rides an 800lb HD Street Glide. What was the question again?
Besides, if you become a better rider than your friends, it won't matter much what you're riding,you will still beat them. Horsepower is no match for experience and knowledge
Dude, she's a keeper

·
Registered
313 Posts
I ride a 650 wee and also have two TW 200's.
Looks like I better get a bigger bike or a sex change.:confused:
My wife is not going to be happy if I choose the latter.:yikes:

Where is dear Abby when you need her?

·
Registered
4 Posts
A few weeks ago I was invited by friends to ride with them across the state. Was told at a gas stop that they were taking it easy on me so I could keep up. When asked to lead they couldn't. Yeah, it all comes down to the rider when the roads are not flat and straight. My little 650 has never let me down. I once saw a rider take overall at a ISDE Qualifier on a street legal trail bike, not even a competition trail bike. That weekend taught me a huge lesson. Guy Cooper is really humbling to watch ride.

·
Premium Member
3,265 Posts
Seems like your riding buddies all forgot why they even ride motorbikes - for the fun of it. I've ridden big bikes and little bikes - haven't yet found a 'girls bike' - not quite sure what that would actually be, but the 650 hit's my sweet spot - if it's a 'girls bike', then yes - it's because it's a 'Goldilocks' bike (and this one is just right). That said, your bud's are just ribbing you because you refuse to join them in straddling a 650lb behemoth sport-touring bike that can barely navigate a smooth gravel road....

Reactions: Big B

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
I know a GIRL that is sporting around on a brand spanking new H2. Ride what you like and screw what people think.

·
Premium Member
3,011 Posts
I don't get asked why I ride a girls bike often. when I do, I ask what they are trying to compensate for.

Cheers

RLBranson
The lack of power on a girls bike ;)

101 - 120 of 123 Posts