StromTrooper banner
81 - 100 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Nope not trolling. I actually would have bought one by now but I just cannot seem to part with my klr 650, cb550, or ty250. I love them all too much. Without selling one of them though, I have no room for a fourth bike. I will have to wait until I buy my next house. And no, I am not going to let their comments stop me from buying a wee. I do hear alot of people saying its a great womens bike though. Just sayin
So you're riding one of those bikes with your sport bike buddies and they're giving you crap about a V-Strom?! :confused:

As long as I've been riding a Wee, I've never heard anyone say "It's a great womens bike".

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
I've never heard anyone refer to a V-strom as a woman's bike. About the only bike I can ever remember being referred to as a "woman's bike" by some people was an 883 Sportster; even that wasn't a universal sentiment, and I really only ever heard it from other Harley riders who rode Dynas, or RKs, or whatever. What it looks like is your buddies realize how easy it is to get a rise out of you by questioning your masculinity, and they enjoy jerking you around. If you'd shown up on a Hyabusa, they would probably have told you that you weren't man enough to handle it.

Thicker skin or less jerky friends: either one solves your dilemma.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Don't tell me how to do my art.

Hey, thanks. "Bubble, bubble, cough, bubble cough.................."

Dang Janice, I don't think I'll get much work done now. Where is a Cinnebon Store when you need one. Hey, that bird looks like Jimi Hendrix................

Here's the much-clamoured-for picture of my panty lines:

Norman, btw RUSH rules. Thx for the pic of my fave band!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Nope not trolling. I actually would have bought one by now but I just cannot seem to part with my klr 650, cb550, or ty250. I love them all too much. Without selling one of them though, I have no room for a fourth bike. I will have to wait until I buy my next house. And no, I am not going to let their comments stop me from buying a wee. I do hear alot of people saying its a great womens bike though. Just sayin
The Wee has more HP then all your current bikes.... It will out perform even your 550.... So who's got the girl's bike again?:confused:

·
Registered
3,716 Posts
650 Wee,

You probably realize that your riding buddies are never going to "get" the 650 V-Strom. They call it a girls bike or whatever, because they don't know how good of a bike it is. They will criticize it no matter what. So it does come down to what you think about the bike and not them.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
If the V-Strom is a "girls bike" than sports tourers are "dumb-asses bikes." Sports Tourer is an oxymoron.

I really like the 650 vstrom. I think its a great all arounder and hope to get one in the near future. the problem is that all my riding buddies have 1000 - 1300 sport and sport touring bikes. Whenever I mention the vstrom 650 they say: Why would you want a girls bike? or its a great bike if your a girl. I know alot of women ride them but is it really a girls bike? i don't want to be the laughing stock when I go riding with my buddies.
First of all, not many women ride V-Stroms as they are too tall.

I have a Tiger 1050 with 115 hp. The V-Strom has about 65. At the end of the straightaway at NHMS, the V-Strom is doing about 101 and the Tiger is doing around 107.

Those big sport tourers would also have higher trap speeds - and then you would pass them in the first corner and never see them again, because they are big, heavy, and don't have much cornering clearance.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Just hit them with your purse and don't forget to swing your booty as you strut away in your sling-back, peep-toed Sidi's :D

·
Banned
208 Posts
This is one of the few places on the internet where all the "men" posting are actually women posing as men... once the Appletinis start flowing, the Tom Selleck chest toupees come off and we're all compariting titties.
Same this side of the pond. Well thats what I'm told by a friend of a friend.

The styling of the V-Strom was inspired by Madeleine Korbelová Albright in a sheer teddy.
Being a Brit I looked this lady up and found a pici on Wiki:jawdrop: Accomplished girl but what a shock. Please tell me she has nothing to do with motorcycles.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Same this side of the pond. Well thats what I'm told by a friend of a friend.
I've watched Monty Python, I know.

Being a Brit I looked this lady up and found a pici on Wiki:jawdrop: Accomplished girl but what a shock. Please tell me she has nothing to do with motorcycles.
She served merely as a muse for the V-Strom design team.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Ease up on Madeleine Albright. She was a very well-liked SecState within the department.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
Ease up on Madeleine Albright. She was a very well-liked SecState within the department.
Madeliene Albright? My apologies, I meant Walter Matthau, I get those two confused all the time.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
Wow you guys(and girls) are tough. I feel like I've had the crap beat outta me. Am i gonna be welcome here when I get my 650 vstrom

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Wow you guys(and girls) are tough. I feel like I've had the crap beat outta me. Am i gonna be welcome here when I get my 650 vstrom
Sure you will be welcome. I have switched brands and a lot of my buddies are on big HDs....the chick bike of HD land is the sportster.

But who cares. If your buddies give you crap just smile it away and let them have some fun, if they didn't like you they wouldn't say anything. I kid around more with the friends I like the best.

I see more ladies on sport bikes then cruisers next. The ADV bike for the most part is a male appendage to the max. All tricked out with offroad muscle crap that is seldom used.

I am on a Vee, I need all the appendage illusion I can muster these days. But, the new wee is sure calling my name. I may just pull the displacement stickers off it....thens it just another L twin.

81 - 100 of 123 Posts