StromTrooper banner

1241 - 1242 of 1242 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
with regard to all of this discussion. the 650 vs the 1000... i say either are just as good or no good off road....IMHO. That said, money no object... the 1000 for street and light duty non street... and a sweet KTM 390 & a camper to take to your off-road place etc.
If your riding preference is not to gnarly, the Suzuki 400 cc thumper is a great choice.
The father of a girl I dated in high school is in his 80's and owns a KTM 390 and a BMW 1200. I visited in July when I was in town and he took me to some awesome twisty roads near Kingston Ontario. He goes back to racing bikes in the 60's and I had to really work my 865 Bonneville to keep up with him on his KTM. He mostly only uses the BMW when his wife wants to come too.

·
Registered
53 Posts
+1 on that as a 2nd toy. Had a TS400J in the mid 1980's as a long term loan to settle a debt (bike turned out to be stolen-glad I was never pulled over). Gobs of power, had a few quirks, lots of fun, not crazy heavy if memory serves. That cc range on an off road oriented dual sport is perfect for me
#metoo. I have a Tdub for strictly off-road ventures. It’s a tractor on 2 wheels lol.

1241 - 1242 of 1242 Posts