Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if the 650 v-strom was the only model available to me in 2005 when i purchased my DL1000 strom, i wouldnt have purchased one. 650cc is simply to small, to weak. :fineprint:

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I doubt whether Suzuki will care much. They sell between 3 and 4 Wee Stroms world wide for every Vee that's purchased.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Better stop this. We are at risk of generating some fun around here! :mrgreen:

I hear panties knotting as we speak!

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Oh Boy............

·
Registered
27 Posts
i would not describe my dl650 as weak, i guess this depends on what kind of riding you want to do, and where you live.

I test rode a dl1000 and i would not trade my 650's smoothness, handling and lighter clutch for the dl1000. The bigger bike is more powerful but not by really much.

heres a link to a comparison between the 2 v stroms, this particular reviewer favors the 650
Trilhados Moto Clube - V-Strom 1000 x V-Strom 650

·
Registered
506 Posts
You know, I've seen this type of discussion over and over again. My answer is, "Who cares? Ride what you like. Whether it's a 650 or 1000 I could really give a rip. I enjoy RIDING...":beatnik:

·
Registered
49 Posts
I just completed a 1000 mile round trip from KC to southwest Arkansas on every kind of paved road, flat, mountains, twisty, straight, 2-lane, 4-lane, etc...I was loaded with gear too. I had no problem with power. As I was riding along I remembered my old BMW K1100LT. I wouldn't trade my Wee for that old boat for nothin'. Plus I averaged almost 60 mpg!

·
Premium Member
719 Posts
Isn't this where someone usually mentions that the V is the weakest 1000 cc motor out there? Did I say that out loud?:headbang:

·
Registered
392 Posts
Boy are you going to be upset when you find out that your mighty v-strom 1000 is really a 996, it's like losing 4" off your penis, which you seem to equate with your motorcycle.
Sorry for feeding the troll.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Boy are you going to be upset when you find out that your mighty v-strom 1000 is really a 996, it's like losing 4" off your penis, which you seem to equate with your motorcycle.
Sorry for feeding the troll.
Boy is somebody's wife going to be happy (sad???) about that.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts