StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my DL650 to Loudon on monday and tuesday.

Had a blast...melted some serious tread off my trail wings.

No one should ever despair having to take a wee to the track. Especially a bumpy technical one like NHIS.:thumbup:

Attachments

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
Sounds like fun, though for some reason, probably just time - and that cow suit requirement, taking the Wee to the track has filtered well down my ToDo list.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This particular trackday, tonystrackdays, just required a good riding suit so need not have leathers. YMMV

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
So, are there any on-track pics or links?

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Took my DL650 to Loudon on monday and tuesday.

Had a blast...melted some serious tread off my trail wings.

No one should ever despair having to take a wee to the track. Especially a bumpy technical one like NHIS.:thumbup:
Nice. What color was your bike? There were two V-Stroms on Tuesday, but I was riding my SV650.

So, are there any on-track pics or links?
If the OP doesn't have any, I do, pictures, video, and gyro-stabilized video on the SV. My lap times were actually slower than I've done on the V-Strom, so it's illustrative.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I was on the red one. I was faster on that than my triumph sprint st that my girlfriend took. Love to see the video!!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
Sounds like fun, though for some reason, probably just time - and that cow suit requirement, taking the Wee to the track has filtered well down my ToDo list.
Most track day organizations don't require a leather suit for the Novice Group. If they do require it (they are MUCH safer) you can usually rent a top-of-the-line suit for $50 a day.

This was my first or second track day, with a Contour helmet cam on the left side of my helmet. Novice Group.

Helmet cams are pretty much verboten nowadays. This was a test of a gyrostabilized camera mount for a GoPro camera. SV650, Yellow [Intermediate] group, lap times roughly 1:40.

Much more entertaining if you go to full screen and turn up the volume.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
that was one of the cleaner sessions for the Yellow (team red flag!) group:headbang:.
love the video!

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
This is a mixed session (Yellow and Blue) at the end of a day earlier in the summer. I mounted a camera on the back of the V-Strom to make a "Tail Cam."

Fast forward to 5:30 or so to see the difference between the Blue [Expert] group and the yellow group riders. They can all do under 1:30 laps, and some under 1:20. My best is 1:35 something.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts