StromTrooper banner

650 Strom ride on the WABDR

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Snowlover 
#1 ·
I've done section 2 on my KLR, including BABY head hill and Section 3 on my Strom. I particularly am curious about vstrom riders that have done the section 2 Clemam Mtn Baby head hill. I made it with the KLR without issue, but it was a butt clencher. I was not super experienced off road at the time and only 2 out of 8 made it without issue. (both of the KLR's). Bikes included a TW200, 2 -KLR650's, a DR650, 3 BMW 650's and a BMW 800. None of us were off road wizards, but no dammage, just a few tip overs.

I want to do at least that part this summer after outfitting my strom with a few goodies, but need other riders along. It can be a 1 day ride if you cut out the Bethel ridge part and leave near Nile. Any takers?

I could be talked into more of the route also. Trying to decide to do the whole BDR or check out the Tourtech get together.

#2 ·
I've done section 2 on my KLR, including BABY head hill and Section 3 on my Strom. I particularly am curious about vstrom riders that have done the section 2 Clemam Mtn Baby head hill. I made it with the KLR without issue, but it was a butt clencher. I was not super experienced off road at the time and only 2 out of 8 made it without issue. (both of the KLR's). Bikes included a TW200, 2 -KLR650's, a DR650, 3 BMW 650's and a BMW 800. None of us were off road wizards, but no dammage, just a few tip overs.

I want to do at least that part this summer after outfitting my strom with a few goodies, but need other riders along. It can be a 1 day ride if you cut out the Bethel ridge part and leave near Nile. Any takers?

I could be talked into more of the route also. Trying to decide to do the whole BDR or check out the Tourtech get together.
Hope you get someone interested. Have you heard anything about the difficulty of Section 1?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.