StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone verified if a 2003 and earlier DL1000 seat will fit on a DL650? I am looking for a donor seat pan to have a custom seat made and it would widen the field of possibilities if they are in fact interchangeable. :?:

T

·
0 Posts
Should fit...

I bought the Suzuki "touring +20mm" seat for my DL650 and it fit the bike just fine. Suzuki markets that seat for both the DL650 and the DL1000. A 650 seat should fit a 1000...

NB: The stock DL650 seat feels too low for me. (6'1", 33" inseam) Going from the stock seat to the "+20mm touring" seat was almost a 2" difference!! Too tall now. I returned the seat and ordered a "standard" DL1000 saddle. Should be here this week. I'll post when it arrives.

TCM

·
Registered
351 Posts
I'm trying to order the 20mm+ Touring Seat. Suzuki part # 45100-06G60-H1N. I tryed the DL1000 seat on the 650 and still felt I could go higher.
32" inseam. Having ridden the 1000 I'am use to tall bikes and hopefully the taller seat will work for me. If not it's easier to remove the foam from the seat then adding it. The custom built seats are out of my price range.
Hopefully I can get this seat in Canada. I will keep the 650 seat for the dirt.

Scooter

·
Registered
351 Posts
Thanks Ted for the offer!.

Hoping to get this seat in the next couple of weeks before my Alaska Trip.

If not I will be suffering on the 650 seat. The main problem is the 650 seat is too low and causes my knee's to hurt. I also have the Butt Buffer Pad and want to have it molded into the seat.

I know your enjoying the Rich's Custom Upholstery seat made in Seattle WA. Whats the longest time you have ridden straight on the seat.

Scooter

R

·
0 Posts
Yes...

Can confirm that seats are interchangeable

DL650 seat on a DL1000...

Cheers

-Jack

P

·
0 Posts
That's my seat on that nice 1k!

I can double double (isn't that a hamburger) confirm 'cause that's my DL-650 seat on Jack's bike. We swapped out for a test and came to the same conclusion; the DL seat just doesn't cut it.

I've ordered a stock 2004 1k seat for $200 via Ron Ayers. Get's here tomorrow.

Philip

·
Registered
351 Posts
Philip

Any links to this Ron Ayers seat. $200.00 sounds good instead of the price of Corbins or a hand crafted one. I see Ron is a well known Iron Butter. Are these seats fitted to you or made in small amounts of production.

Scooter

P

·
0 Posts
Seat Part Number

I went to the dealer and got the seat number for the 04 1k stock seat, not the touring seat. This is the part number for the stock seat

45100-06G10-H1N

Go to www.ronayers.com and enter that number in the part search box and it'll take you right to an order page. The total with shipping came to $219.00

I can't afford a custom seat right now after Mo-Tech crash bars, skid plate and a center stand. I may keep my old seat pan to experiment with a custom seat on my own using that NASA foam I've read about, but that's down the line.

I liked the 1k seat I swapped with Jack. Much, much better for me.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts