StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my Madstad in, together with a GIVI screen and Fenda Extenda.

I own a TTR2 and wanted to mount it on top of the dashboard (think Migsel) However, I wasn't prepared to shell out the dough for it, so I got some alu and a soda, and this is what happened;

Like it so far, need to find out if there's any vibration and if yes, how much. The RAM mount came with the TTR when I bought it. Position couldn't be better!

R

·
0 Posts
Wanting to do something like that myself. What was the vibration like? Could U still read the GPS or not?

RR

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Eeeehm...

I got the bike at the end of November, and I thought it would be a good idea to wait on getting it taxed and a plate for it untill 2009 was about (because I had a lot of work, and if I ever sell it it's a 2009 bike then)

Big regrets now though :rolleyes: don't ever do what I did! :(

I have no idea, haven't tried. Couple of days, couple of days :mrgreen:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got my plate yesterday, but the weather has been very bad here, we actually got dumped on yesterday, lots of snow (lots for Belgium) Temps -13 degrees Celcius at night, around -5 today. They say it'll be Sunday before the temps will hit the + side. So no riding till then, don't want to break in new bike with new tires in the snow/ice/salt :(

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just did my first 300kms with the GPS on. Minor vibrations, nothing too serious. I had a couple of rubber washers to put between the bracket and the mount, but I'm not even going to bother now.

LOVE MY STROM!!! :mrgreen:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here's a pic of todays ride with the TomTom mounted;

I actually mounted a Tachyon XC camera on there, instead of the TomTom. Worked good enough, minor vibrations visible when hitting bad pavement. Happy so far!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts