StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hve searched and not found. I have a 2013 650 and I bought the suzuki trax boxes and hardware for it. I'm thinking about getting a 1000. Is there a mounting kit available that I can use to install these boxes on the 1000? I thought I read that they use a different mounting system compared to the actual Trax brand boxes.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
NyMetsFan912 has a review on the Twisted Throttle page link above where he did the same, so he can verify this is what you need.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is what I bought to do the same thing. Haven't mounted them yet but should be a perfect match. Will need the adapter for Trax Alu-box. Tonight when I get home I'll check and make sure the boxes match up to the mount. I got the matching top box and mounting plate as well.

SW-MOTECH Quick-Lock EVO Sidecarrier to fit Givi, TraX, Krauser, & Other Sidecases for Suzuki V-Strom 1000 '14-'16 | TwistedThrottle.com

Thanks G-Dub! That's exactly what I was hoping for.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
The OEM Suzuki cases for the 650 fit perfectly on these mounts.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Update: Mounted it all up today - everything went pretty well, with a couple of caveats. Because there is a cross-bracket that mounts to the rear fender, the stock side reflectors and their bracket have to go away. New mounting holes have to be drilled in the fender for the license plate, and you will need some spacers and maybe longer license plate mounting bolts (so the license plate, which mounts on top of the bracket, will clear the heads of the bracket mounting bolts). Also, on the 650 the exhaust side case is narrower because it is mounted on the outside of the muffler. On the 1000, the case mounts above the muffler and the brackets both extend the same distance from the bike, so one side will be wider than the other. Most people might not even notice if you didn't point it out.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts