StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Riders

For those who want a pipe for the 650 that actually makes more hp. and torque. check out my 650 at www.holeshot.com. Dale Walker used my bike as the protype and also the dyno runs

·
Registered
321 Posts
So....how does it sound? Are you considering the PCIII mod mentioned on the website? I'd love to have a better sounding exhaust on my 650 but I am absolutely thrilled with the performance and economy that I now get on regular unleaded. Unlike almost every other bike I've ever owned, I'm not looking for a single extra horsepower. I'd hate to have to start messing with the programming, (not to mention the expense), just to have a throatier exhaust note.
The black powder coat looks awesome! The body of the muffler looks a lot smaller in diameter than the stocker. Do you think it's enough smaller to make the lack of the extra heat shielding moot?
The price seems reasonable. I think there may be another farkle on my wish list. :p

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't do a post 'bout hp increase or torque if it wasn't dynoed before ( stock ) and after ( slip on ). I still have the printout if you are interested. I would do the mod again. This is one fun 650 that now thinks that it is a big bike. Also FYI the Rick Mayer seat is a must.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHEN--my bike was dynoed the results printed out are as follows, hope this info is useful for any comparisons.

Stock exh. Date: 11/19/04 Time: 10:24 am Run Conditions: 61.57 f
29.77 in-Hg Max Power=60.17 Max torque= 40.60

Holeshot exh. Date 11/19/04 Time: 12:33 am Run Conditions: 65.06 f
29.71 in-Hg Max Power=64.11 Max Torque=41.64

The bike was completely stock when tested before and after. I haven't had a chance to weigh the stock muffler against the slip-on. I hope this info is useful to anyone thinking about making a change. :D

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The 650 now sounds like a twin and not a Hoover. It has a growl but not a " rap " Quiet enough at even throttle going down the road. Revs noticebly quicker to redline. My next mod will be the PC with more dyno runs. :lol:

·
Registered
566 Posts
Here's some pics of the Dale Walker's Holeshot slip-on that I installed. I got the powder black and it sounds mean! I've owned a lot of bikes and this is the first time I've ever removed the stock setup for an aftermarket exhaust. I was a little hesitant though because I didn't want to have to remap or lose mpg with the slip-on. I talked to a few others that did the switch and found they lost very little mpg and the bike seems to run really well with the slip-on. I took these pics today......

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Rubberdown,

It looks great. The growl is cool too. It adds a whole bunch of class to your bike. Betcha you had no problems with the install. Good decision to go with the Hole Shot. :D

D Hall

P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think the black exhaust looks real sharp on the red & black Strom.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Update:
I have been getting around 45 mpg. with the Holeshot slip-on installed. I have been doing a lot of +75 mph. runs though so I think the mileage might improve. I might go a tooth larger on the front sprocket.

Daryl, can you post the dyno chart that Dale did on your test bike? 8)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts