StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, anybody know if these are cross compatible with 2006-2008 V-Strom 650's?

Here's what the seller has to say about them...

Factory Suzuki chain and sprockets, removed from new 2006 GSXR750 when prepared as racebike, zero miles on chain and sprockets, 17 tooth front, 45 tooth rear, 525 RK R05 chain as supplied by factory, 116 links, new Suzuki rivet link, likely fit other models, perfect condition, marks on chain is factory chain lube

·
Super Moderator
4,522 Posts
2007 and later WeeStroms have 118 link 525 chains. So it is too short - but what makes you think that the countershaft splines (or the rear sprocket bolt pattern) are identical? Or the sprocket offset?

·
Registered
480 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
2007 and later WeeStroms have 118 link 525 chains. So it is too short - but what makes you think that the countershaft splines (or the rear sprocket bolt pattern) are identical? Or the sprocket offset?
I don't really think anything...I was asking because I haven't got a clue.:confused:...:grin2:. Thanks for the input, I'll go with there not a mate for for a 2006 or 2008 Wee.

Thanks!

·
Registered
545 Posts
Actually I believe it will work on the 2006 but with taller gearing (I believe stock gearing is 15/47). In 2007 the chain length was changed to 118 links due to changes in the swing arm.

Rick

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
My guess and only a guess is the spline is same as motors are so much alike.In my lots of old bikes have found Yamaha seemed to be the one that used parts that worked on a wider number of bikes they made than the others. Old suzuki two valve head fours interchanged some what.The big ones as did big Kaws used the huge 630 chain.

·
Registered
318 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts