StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
Whats the story on this vstroma place? Center stand...engine/tank? guards and pan cover look like real nice pricing. Anyone use them?

·
Off Wee-ing in the woods
676 Posts
I believe these are the same folks that run klr650.com. I know they sell Chinese happy trail pannier knock offs. It looks like the crash bars, skid plate and maybe the center stand are motech knock offs.

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
Their prices seem more in line with what the products SHOULD cost.

Now, who's going to be the guinea pig?

Looks like they are located about 17 miles south of Spokane, Wa., anyone from Spokane willing to drive down to their shop and look at the skid plate for me?

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
The pictures are real bad but what really surprises me is that it doesn't seem to be in anyones "vendor group"

Someone must have bought something...

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
I called their toll free number and talked with the tech guy this afternoon. He kind of sounded a little more important the just tech, but he told me the skid plate doesn't come in the unpainted as shown on the website. But rather in powder coat black. When I asked if it would mate to Givi's engine guards he thought it would be close but wasn't sure. Sure is a tempting price.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I'm curious about their whole setup..tank guard,pan guard and center stand. Amazing that no one seems to have used them though.

·
Registered
539 Posts
It appears to be an offshoot of KLR650.com now offering products for the Strom.

Many KLR folks have got things from them with no problems, I dont believe they are a scam site if that's what your thinking, just new to the Strom world.

Some folks do complain about the fact that they sell chinese made knock offs of known products... my guess that's what these guards and stands are.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I don't like that they sell a "traction control braking unit" billed as working like an ABS system that is only an air compression or spring behind a piston piece and can be really dangerous. It exhibits the same characteristics as air in the brake line or a weakly constrained brake hose which no informed rider should accept.

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
I don't like that they sell a "traction control braking unit" billed as working like an ABS system that is only an air compression piece and can be really dangerous. It exhibits the same characteristics as air in the brake line or a weakly constrained brake hose which no informed rider should accept.

My concern as well......any of you KLR folks know much? Website just doesn't strike me as a "fresh and new" company or anything.

On the Chinese knockoff part........got to tell you.....Chinese are making things MUCH better and MUCH faster then almost anyone in the automotive world would have guessed five years ago....and they've been making bike parts a long time.

We do need a guinea pig...............

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The place appears to be the Harbor Freight of motorcycle parts. Some stuff would be a workable bargain and other stuff pure junk.

·
Hmmmmm
1,326 Posts
From their website-

"Motorcycle Accessories Supply House has been in business since 1975. We have over 100 years of combined experience in the motorcycle industry. Since inception we have been identifying ways to help people take their motorcycle riding experience to the next level through excellent parts and excellent service.

We are located in Rosalia, WA. This is in the Eastern side of Washington State and 30 minutes south of Washington’s 2nd largest city. We have operated from this location since inception".

·
Premium Member
997 Posts
center stand.....engine guards....and crash plate..all for $375 shipped...nobody is going to try these guys out? Hell one of you northwest guys just ride over and look at the stuff.

·
Premium Member
987 Posts
Hell one of you northwest guys just ride over and look at the stuff.
LOL,
If 'Nowhere' has a middle you can see it from Rosalia WA. :D

I am wondering who is close. Do we have anyone in Spokane?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts