StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have finally joined! The real milestone will be when I hit 61,200 since that will be when I have personally put 60,000 miles on the bike that I bought used. Its such a great bike...

Attachments

·
Registered
168 Posts
60k.

I turned 60k 2 days ago. I need to check valves, change fork oil and dust seals, sync throttle bodies and inspect the fuel pump screen. The bike had 28k miles 9 months ago!! I ride alot and besides the suspension, this bike is like a Swiss Army knife. This is the bike that made adventure riding obtainable for the average Joe. Im a fan of the Strom.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Does this mean these service items have not been done in the 60,000 miles of bike ownership? Pretty awesome either way.:thumbup:

I turned 60k 2 days ago. I need to check valves, change fork oil and dust seals, sync throttle bodies and inspect the fuel pump screen.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I was in that club for about 2,000 miles, then a Cadillac intervened.

There was only one complication at 48,000 miles; a throttle position sensor.

I'm hoping to "reset the odometer" on a 2012.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have done my valves twice, but haven't had any major issues come up yet. Just lots of oil changes, air filters, tires, chains, etc.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Valves checked at 20k...that's it. Lots of tires ans chain and sprockets. Found out wheel bearings are toast and axle is bent. I motocross it fully loaded ;-) . Absolutely zero oil consumption or blue smoke..even at startup. Its time for me to do about $1000 in preventative maintenance so I can be guaranteed that it'll reach 200k. That's my goal. When I get to that point...ill drain the fluids, move it to the rear of the line and buy another Strom! Sasquatching is coming soon

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 06 1000 is fast approaching the 60k mark. My usual mechanic shop closed and not being a mechanic myself I could use some "how to" check and adjust the valves, if needed, and to do the same for fuel injection system. Currently idling seems to have a mind of its own.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts