1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
541 Posts
Were actually having a few rainy days in Central O but the weather forecast shows it clearing up for your trip. Make sure you hit the McKenzie pass (242) while your so close. Make sure you bring some bug spray, just in case.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Always love going to the headwaters of the Metoleous... full size river flowing right out of the ground and the bridge down the way where all these beautiful trout hanging out right between the NO FISHING signs almost like they can read.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Friday is a non-starter for me. if this was a Saturday Sunday thing I could probably swing it.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I could possibly ride back to portland from the Lyons area saturday or sunday with you depending on when you are coming back.

·
Registered
652 Posts
I've actually never camped in that area, the furthest down the river I've been is to wizard falls, usually camp in the gorge or pine rest camping areas. Would be nice to do a 2 nighter this summer!

I need to learn to pack light with the motorcycle. What types of food do you bring? And what do you do about firewood? Obviously luggage space is limited....

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I do a bunch of dry goods, canned goods. Generally on a weekend like this I strap just my backpack to the back, my tent to one side, and my sleeping bag to the other.

A few potatoes, a can if chilli goes a long way. Breakfast is generally dry cereal and water. Trail mix is good.

For cooking I have an MSR stove, and a small pot that all fit in my bag.

As for clothing, just a change of socks and underwear for one night, and rain gear...just in case.

I have a SOG that is strapped to my pack that I use to scrounge for firewood. Generally that's frowned upon, but if it's just one night I don't mind.

That's seriously light. If I'm going for longer, I'll just have the wife meet me with the SUV fully loaded! ;)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

1 - 16 of 16 Posts