StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 309 Posts

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buena Vista, Colorado

WHO: The V-Strom Cache rally is for all Stromers, and of course, other bikes are very welcome.

WHERE: Arrowhead RV park

LODGING: Arrowhead has a group site that I will reserve, they also have cabins. If you intend to TENT no reservation is necessary, but please post here for a head count. The group site rate is $10 per person per night. If you choose a cabin or other site, the Arrowhead will take reservations on January 1.

EATS: The closest eatery is about 5 miles away. (5.6 miles to the center of town)

HATS, SHIRTS, STICKERS PINS, ETC. : None. This is a 'no frills' rally. Show up, BS, ride, eat, BS, ride, eat, BS, ride, go home happy.

RIDES: Yes, maps will be posted on this thread.

Buena Vista is a town of about 2700 people and has an elevation of 8000 feet. Bring a jacket.

The group site will supposedly hold far more folks than I anticipate attending, and according to the person on the phone it has a steep uphill to the site that BMWs can make it up, but Harleys can't.

Firewood is available to buy at the Arrowhead.

(After the discussion on a name change I just couldn't bring myself to give up the Cache moniker.... )

Iron Butt riders may be the toughest in the world, but Cache rally attenders are the coolest!

VSCR

·
Registered
894 Posts
A lot can change in a year's time. Currently I plan to attend since the 4th annual was so well organized and fun filled. I'll tent it next year as I will need a couple extra nights lodging. It's 895 miles one way if I take the freeway. I have no idea how long the fun route will be

·
Premium Member
2,480 Posts
1200 miles via the shortest route(Hardly ever used). Maybe a couple hundred more the fun way.

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
Pikes Peak, about 100 miles one way. There may be a fee to get to the top. Mt Evans was free. The mangiest looking sheep up there too.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pikes Peak, about 100 miles one way. There may be a fee to get to the top. Mt Evans was free. The mangiest looking sheep up there too.
Both Mt Evans and Pikes Peak might be a bit white that early in the season....but we have gnarly adventure bikes..right??

·
Premium Member
240 Posts
I am looking forward to this one....Could not make the Utah Ride had, Family Duties in Wa. State.....A little over a 1000 Mi. from home looks like a 2 day ride. I will be there unless the Bike or I Break...:surprise:

·
Registered
14,138 Posts
I hope the 'Group" site has a shitter! From looking at google earth, there is a space isolated from the civilized motor home sites but no place to send one to Cleaveland.
When nature calls, I like to answer, not hike to plug the pipe.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I hope the 'Group" site has a shitter! From looking at google earth, there is a space isolated from the civilized motor home sites but no place to send one to Cleaveland.
When nature calls, I like to answer, not hike to plug the pipe.
They assured me that extra porta poopers would be brought in as needed. From what I understand they would be closer than Cleveland...

·
Bikeless 4 now
1,230 Posts
I have a Half Dome Plus from REI. It's a great tent. I bought it a couple years ago as a "last year's model". It was less than half price.
+1 on the half dome plus... I paid $130 for mine and it works great, packs small and is light for its size.

Outbackwack

1 - 20 of 309 Posts