Strom Trooper banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be a good PR move to issue a service bulletin and replace the 520 chain/sprocket sets with 530 sets as they are advertised to have. :wink:

·
Registered
183 Posts
OEM Chain is 525

The stock chain is a 525. Seems to work pretty well, not sure of any big benefit in going to 530 for "normal" riding. Perhaps a very large person, or one who is not as diligent in lubricating the chain, will wear out a 525 prematurely, but lack of lube will just as surely kill a 530.

·
Registered
183 Posts
No, I'm not. But like a lot of people, especially those relatively new to the site like myself (a few months only), I'm going back through all the threads for info and amusement, and don't like to see misleading information not rectified.

·
Premium Member
434 Posts
The 530 chain, well the good ones are just about as good as a shaft,,
One of the best things I have done to the VEE, and I have done a LOT!!!!!
Mike

·
Registered
22,226 Posts
The stock chain is a 525. Seems to work pretty well, not sure of any big benefit in going to 530 for "normal" riding. Perhaps a very large person, or one who is not as diligent in lubricating the chain, will wear out a 525 prematurely, but lack of lube will just as surely kill a 530.
maybe extending the life of chain & sprockets from 17,000 to 30,000 is no benefit to you, it sure is to me

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.