StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Changed the oil at 400 miles. No metal filings at all. Bike is sweet. Runs smooth. Mirrors don't shake whatsoever. I get the impression that this thing will just eat up the miles. The great thing about it you have a touring and sports bike in one package. The thing has plenty of power for passing. At 6000 rpm it has an indicated 80+ miles. It pulls nicely from 3,500 all the way up. It flies from a standing start. Filled up at 217 miles. Took 4.2 gallons. Not bad mileage considering had one trip in bumper to bumper traffic to Manhattan. Had problem getting into third gear when I first got it. It turns out that it's my shifting technique. You have to put it into 2nd firmly orherwise you will have to hit it twice to go into 3rd. Once I realized that it's been a non issue. Looking into putting some miles on this baby.

B

·
0 Posts
Must try your tip on gearchanging. I've been missing gears also which is something I usually don't do. I've been blaming it on my rusty gear foot :) but I'll try your technique.
How do you find the front forks? Mine kick back like crazy on the freeway, they don't like transverse ridges at all. I've the preload set to softest but they feel more 999 than Vstrom .... I've only 250 miles so I'm hoping they'll break in.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts