StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question? my dealer offered me a 5 year Suzuki warranty for $600. on my new Vee2. I NEVER take any warranties on principle, and have never regretted it. That said, $600. is relatively cheap for five years. What say you?

·
Registered
865 Posts
If you're going to keep the bike for 5 years, and don't mind being tied into the servicing schedule the handbook requires, and you think you'll get $600 of repairs / peace of mind, then it might be worth it.

Does any third parties offer a similar insurance that you can compare the cost with?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just found out that dealers do discount Suzuki extended warranty. Best price so far $525. for four additional years after the Suzuki one year warranty runs out. I may purchase a deal like this, especially for a new model bike. I am not a fan of non-brand name insurances or warranties, as they are only as good as the company. I would be comfortable with Suzuki ( hopefully!), as it their brand of bike.

·
Official Stromtrooper.com Sponsor
5,439 Posts
Extended warranties are usually more of a service agreement. Few if any are the same as the 1 year warranty your Suzuki comes with. Read it and decide for yourself if it covers enough stuff to be worth having. Unlike your original warranty, most of these aftermarket warranties ( including Suzuki's ) won't cover nearly as much stuff as your original warranty. For instance, if your paint starts peeling off the rims will this warranty pay for that?

If all of us here put $525 in the bank when we bought our V Stroms, very few would ever spend more than that on non maintenance repairs! They make money on extended warranties pure and simple. That is fine, and if the peace of mind is worth $525 to you then there is nothing to say but get it.

·
Registered
719 Posts
They will wear you out with unnecessary maintenance I bet. I am with you on it being a first year model but I doubt that engine or transmission will give you any trouble. Their might be smaller unforeseen problems that might creep up but I wouldn't count on the warranty covering them. I had a 5 year warranty on my 08 gsxr 1000 and beat it to death without a hiccup. Remember it is a Suzuki.

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They will wear you out with unnecessary maintenance I bet. I am with you on it being a first year model but I doubt that engine or transmission will give you any trouble. Their might be smaller unforeseen problems that might creep up but I wouldn't count on the warranty covering them. I had a 5 year warranty on my 08 gsxr 1000 and beat it to death without a hiccup. Remember it is a Suzuki.
You are right! And so is Realshelby. Thanks for the input, and saving me $
5-600. I typically have good luck with these things. The best line is:
"remember it is a Suzuki". Three years and 28k miles with my '11 Wee, not a single problem. Hoping the Vee2 will be the same. :thumbup:

·
Registered
240 Posts
NO!

Unless you plan on driving this bike a LOT I would not waste your money. If anything is going to go wrong it will in the first six months. Everything is good today...even a Vespa!!
If something does go wrong it will be a ware item and that will not be covered.
Take the five hundred dollars and go on a nice long trip on your bike and enjoy yourself.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts