Strom Trooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Mr Suzuki Sir, my first bike (in 1969) had just one gear, the next had three, then four, then five and now I'm faced (footed?) with six. Any chance you could bring it back down to five again, just for me, please? I get lost counting up and down, surely it would be possible to 'stretch out' the middle gears from four to three and so make me very happy. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Sincerely
Wallydog down under (the proper down under not the Aussie one). :confused:

·
Registered
468 Posts
Dear Wally,

We have a solution for you. Don't use 6th gear. We only put it there as a joke. With the stock gearing on a Vstrom you can't really use it anyway (we geared it too tall on purpose).

You're welcome,
Suzuki / VW

·
Registered
133 Posts
Having another gear is one of the reasons I wanted a Wee, along with 2 cylinders and fuel injection. Had a KLR and was always reaching for another gear.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Registered
4,282 Posts
So go buy one of those LED gear indicator thingies Wally. :yesnod:

And wadda ya mean ya can't use 6th gear Fred :confused:

I always manage to get mine in to 6th., even just riding to work [ok, so I'm doing double the posted......when no one's looking :yikes: ].

·
Registered
807 Posts
Yeah, I think you are the only one. The worst thing about driving my gf's car on a roadtrip last year was the 4-speed auto hunting all over the place. The gaps between gears were simply too large for it to work well in the mountains. As a result, in the mountains, her car got worse fuel economy than my sports car does in the same stretches! On the flat stuff it blows my car away by 6 or more mpg, but in the hills it just doesn't have the guts or the gearing.

Then again, even my first motorcycle had a 6-speed, so what do I know?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts