StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
I slept through the Earthquake but not the wife screaming, "Get your fat ass out of bed we just had an Earthquake".:eek:

·
Registered
101 Posts
I felt the earthquake this morning. I just thought there was high winds and the house was shifting like houses do. My SO said she felt the floor shake. I did hear it though. That is why I thought it was wind.

I didn't feel the aftershock, but a coworker of mine did.

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
aftershock

Coworkers said they felt it, but I did not. On 27th floor, not sure if it would transmit as well as my old frame house. Definitely woke me up this morning.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was in the shower didn't feel it, hubby in bed he felt it youngest daugher in bed and woke her up too. 2nd one at 11:15 felt it at work.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Straight north about 60 miles right on that Wabash fault line. I thought the house was gonna come down, shaking BIG TIME, stuff falling off shelves, sounded and felt like a freight train was gonna run through the house, was sure it was a tornado and I was gonna get ripped up with the roof, until I realized what was up, by then I was down the stairs and headed for the tub. Last night it woke me up at 12:30pm I looked around and saw everything shaking and thought "whew, not a tornado, just an earth quake" and went back to bed:cool:

·
Registered
483 Posts
The 5.2 one woke all of us up. Cat and dog both went nuts. It shook our whole house in West St. Louis County, but nothing fell off shelves or anything, just a very fast back-and forth vibration. At first, it sounded like hail was hitting the roof, but it was pretty clear it was an earthquake.

First I've ever felt, although I've been in several in CA (swimming or on the road), and there have been several minor ones over the years I never noticed here in St. Louis.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I happen to be putting on my Turkey hunting gear in a Cabin right on the Ohio River in Southern, IL. The 3 of us looked at each other and I said "earth Quake?". Then I saw a Barge on the river and "thought was it that?" .... then my Buddy gets a call from his wife in the afternoon to see if he was OK because were we were was only about 100 miles away from an Earth Quake ... about the only action we had all weekend!-Squeegee

1 - 14 of 14 Posts