Strom Trooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Outback Motortek Vstrom Crash bar review

Hi stromtroopers,

This is my review of the Outback Motortek crash bars and their customer service.
Initially I was hesitant to buy into a new brand, so I started looking up some reviews about Outback Motortek but unfortunately not much had come up (they have just recently launched the brand apparently). Luckily their website has a ton of very useful information that make this company a bit more creditable. Better yet, there's a phone number where I could contact the owner (Lorry). After inquiring about their brand and product he assured me that they would guarantee return and warranty in case I didn't like what I had purchased.

What made me decide to go with Outback Motortek? Could talk to a real person, judging by their decent website they plan to stay in business for a while, offered extended warranty, free shipping and they are only 30km from where I live. Almost a no-brainer.*

My order just came in (Friday night)*and have been more than pleased with the product. Quality and finish is top notch and installation was (almost) a breeze. Bars were easy to mount without any stretching or pulling. Impressive.

Haven't had the chance to ride a lot with the bars installed but compared to my previous bars (don't want to badmouth the brand...) they cause no vibration at all in the 4500-5000rpm range! Another bonus for me.*
No crash test yet...

I like how the top bar is kind of flat and long because now I can hang my crash bar bags on it real well.*

The bars are nice and thick. They do have some flexibility on the top section but the middle and bottom are rock solid! I'm no engineer but I'm sure there's a reason why the top section has some flexibility.*

No product is ever perfect, so here's what I would suggest the manufacturer:

- Installation instructions were stated clearly but the corresponding photos were kind of small. I had a hard time figuring out what I was looking at. Luckily their website has a 3 page pdf version*here*.

- The lower bar connector was pretty tight to slide inside the tube. It went it with some force. Not really a big deal though.*

Over all very*satisfied*and I would give 'em 4 and 1/2 stars.*

·
Registered
426 Posts
Looks like a well done product, and crash bars plus skid plate for $390. But only for the 04 to 11 650 so I am out of luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts