StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Clem...did Powersports in Clearwater do your valve check or DIY ? they said about 350$$. Ridenow in Clearwater said MAYBE 225$$..he talked as if they had not done a Strom..I'd tackle it myself,but eyes don't work to good up close... decisions,decisions !!!!!!

Larry

·
Registered
251 Posts
valve check

Had mine done at Bikers Bay on Mlk in Seffner. They treated me well and did not overcharge me. Im thinking about 250. Stay away from the Suzuki dealer on Adamo. Name withheld. They wanted 475 Curt

·
Registered
776 Posts
I do most of my own mechanic work. I have yet to do the valves which are over due.

My plan take it apart and check it out. I know they are not that hard to do. It takes time to take all the plastic off, that is where labor eats you. I'm thinking about 200.00 would not be that bad. My bike is running so good, I hate to touch anything at this point. Not broke, very reluctant to fix. A bike with bad valves starts poorly.

Clem

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
A bike with bad valves starts poorly.
That's only when hot. The valve stem has to be at its heat induced longest to eat up the available clearance.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Clem

Thats my thinking, the bike is running perfect after 24K miles. rode 2K miles last week to Ohio and back. not a whimper from her..i got that feeling it will get screwed up in Suzuki's back room...and limp up the road.. guess i will have to trust my fellow man..stay tuned for the outcome..........

Larry

·
Registered
776 Posts
That's only when hot. The valve stem has to be at its heat induced longest to eat up the available clearance.

thanks for the clarification, it's been quite a while since my valves were so far out to cause problems. I still got to get it done though.

Clem

1 - 6 of 6 Posts