StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a reason to ride to Leesburg for breakfast on Sunday morning. I kind of like riding before the crowds arrive.

Does anyone know a great cafe that opens early?

thanks,

Clem

·
Registered
55 Posts
still goggleing

Well, we can't eat there....

Larry

Popular Leesburg restaurant burns down over the weekend - Daily ...
Apr 12, 2010 ... "Emotionally, yeah, I'd love to do that, I want to do something to take care ... What a great place. My family and I enjoyed Wolfy's for over 20 years. ... that i took my son there for breakfast they had some great breakfast very good ... 212 E. Main Street Leesburg, FL 34748 - Phone: 352-365-8200 ...
www.dailycommercial.com/041210wolfys - Cached

·
Registered
101 Posts
Leesburg

I'm planning on being up there Saturday (perhaps Friday--don't know yet). . .camping out at Windy Acres Farms . . . hopefully I'll see you guys up there.
Barry

·
Registered
235 Posts
Clem,

If you asren't too stuffed after breakfast, the Beemer club is having lunch in Frostproof at Noon. These directions are from the Sarasota area but I'm sure you can find it. Everyone is welcome.

Sunday, April 25th; Our club “Ride to Eat” ride will go to the Ice Cream & Sandwich Shop, 801 N. Scenic Hwy, Frostproof, FL. How to get there: One way is to look for Hwy 630 on your map and go east, turn north on SR 17 (it's on left). Another way is go to Avon Park then go North on US 27 veer right when you see the sign for Scenic Hwy. Good riding in that area and kind of scenic. Millions of years ago, it was the beach now it is called the Lake Wales Ridge. Meet at 12Noon at the Ice Cream & Sandwich Shop.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Clem,

If you asren't too stuffed after breakfast, the Beemer club is having lunch in Frostproof at Noon. These directions are from the Sarasota area but I'm sure you can find it. Everyone is welcome.

Sunday, April 25th; Our club “Ride to Eat” ride will go to the Ice Cream & Sandwich Shop, 801 N. Scenic Hwy, Frostproof, FL. How to get there: One way is to look for Hwy 630 on your map and go east, turn north on SR 17 (it's on left). Another way is go to Avon Park then go North on US 27 veer right when you see the sign for Scenic Hwy. Good riding in that area and kind of scenic. Millions of years ago, it was the beach now it is called the Lake Wales Ridge. Meet at 12Noon at the Ice Cream & Sandwich Shop.

Thanks for the invite Morrie, I'll keep it in mind.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm planning on being up there Saturday (perhaps Friday--don't know yet). . .camping out at Windy Acres Farms . . . hopefully I'll see you guys up there.
Barry

what, you got something about being there the 25th? hhmmmm

·
Registered
101 Posts
leesburg

Sunday morning: I might be heading back while you're eating breakfast. . .

I'll call you Sunday AM -- hopefully we'll all attack some hash browns together.

Seems like we're LIKE TWO STROMS PASSING IN THE NIGHT. . .
(sorry, I couldn't help it)

barry

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ok folks, I'm going to be at some breakfast place at about 8:30 Sunday. Possibly Julias country kitchen if there is a small wait time. If anyone has a better idea, or wants to meet someplace else post here.

Happy trails,

Clem

·
Registered
101 Posts
leesburg

I ended up getting there Friday afternoon & leaving Sat. AM. . .sorry I missed you guys. . .maybe next time

Barry

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks to Larry for the recommendation. Kountry Kitchen was a HIT

The food was outstanding! WE ate a full course breakfast, hit Leesburg in rapid fashion and rode the country roads till we got back to the concrete jungle.

Sorry we missed you.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Sorry to see I missed you as well. I got there around 930 and the only bikes in the lot were a couple of Harleys. That's the bad news. On the good side i had a great day of riding. I found a whole bunch of dirt roads I never knew existed, and found places that I have never been before.
I hope to catch up to you guy's soon.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts