StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back on 4/10, as I was just leaving home on my daily commute, the unthinkable happened-
A truck made a left turn in front of me, I swerved around his back side, and hit an oncoming SUV head on.
My '07 1K was totalled,and ill have very few permanent issues. My left leg took most of the impact, I shattered my lower femur, had some very deep lacerations, fractured my knee cap, and did a ton of damage to my ankle.
However, even hitting the Yukon and being tossed down the road, my jacket and helmet performed wonderfully. All other extremities were unharmed aside from some bruises.
I'm now out of the hospital, and recovering in rehab with some external metal hardware fixating my ankle, and a whole bunch of new internal surgical grade titanium. It looks to be late fall before ill walk fully on both legs again, so although I'm temporarily leaving the community, I want to wisha hardy "Open Roads" to all the people I've met here.
BTW, I've got a stash of this years uninstalled farkles and some used parts the insurance co didn't get their hands on ;)
Later,
Chris in Norwood

·
Registered
6 Posts
God Speed my friend... Glad you're ALIVE!!! Get Well and come back! My thoughts and prayers are with you & yours.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Ah shit, Chris, heal up, man. If you need anything, other than a six inch pizza from Quebec, just holler.

·
Premium Member
3,124 Posts
Wow, don't have to tell you how chilling your "event" it to all of us, that you survived is incredible. You seem in good spirits, and I wish you a speedy, pain free recovery.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Hi Chris!

I am really sorry to hear about your accident. But, I am glad that you are "here" to post a story about it!

Along with many others that will post in this thread, I wish for you a speedy recovery!

Barry

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
My 2006 season ended in early June. This too shall pass. When the time comes, be serious about your physical therapy.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You're not leaving the community, you're just not riding for a while.....Get on here, voice your opinion and keep in touch.......Get well my friend, we'll be looking forward to seeing you on the road again...............TD

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident and injury.

I'm just getting back to where I can think about riding again after I was t-boned by a Cadillac in early January. My injuries were not nearly as severe or extensive as yours, but I still required surgery and some internal jewelry.

Like you, it could have meen much worse.

Glad it wasn't any worse.

I wish you all the best in your recovery,

Norm

·
Registered
50 Posts
Hey Chris,

It's been close to a year since your bang-up... when I met you back in August to pick up those tires you were hobbling around a bit... How's the healing process going? Getting geared up for the season yet?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts