StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
365 Posts
That's only about a 3 hour ride for me, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Let's see. For me that would be........29hrs and 1967 miles....nevermind....;-]

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
shawmutt said:
That's only about a 3 hour ride for me, I'll have to check it out. Thanks!
Let me know if you are going to head out. I'll look for you. It will be nice to meet some people from on here. :cool:

Let's see. For me that would be........29hrs and 1967 miles....nevermind....;-]
Make a weekend out of it. :D

·
Registered
314 Posts
The Burger Run is a Sport-Touring.Net event (Region 6 "Meet and Eat") that's open to all. I started it two years ago and it grew a life of its own. The giant burgers at Dennys are good fun to tackle. I worked on the "Ye Olde 96'r" (6 lbs meat plus 3lbs bun/etc) with some friends the last couple years. Another group had a go at the 15 lb burger ("Belly Buster"). Seeing 100+ non-cruiser bikes in the parking lot from all over the place is pretty cool too. There's a group that rides in from Chicago as well as people from all adjacent states (NY, NJ, OH, WV, MD).

Sold my Wee in December and now riding a KTM 950 SM, so I don't lurk here much anymore, but come on out for a nice ride. A couple or three dozen people make a weekend of it and enjoy a day in the PA mountains on the way there. Lots of nice scenery and remote roads north of I-80.

The official info thread is on STN, but I posted info about it in several regional forums including the SquidBusters forum in the first post.

http://www.sport-touring.net/forums/index.php/topic,21632.0.html

·
Registered
764 Posts
Looks like fun. I'll be riding out to Sharon, PA on May 16th, a month too late for this one.

Heading out for the Western Pennsylvania Cigar Crawl.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Feck!

Just got layed off from my job but am going to make the ride if I have to knock off gas stations on the way.

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just got layed off from my job but am going to make the ride if I have to knock off gas stations on the way.
Sorry to hear about your job. Good to hear you will come anyway. See you there!

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I may be heading up with some company after the blessing of the bikes in Murreysville, providing the weather isn't too bad. We won't be joining in on any rides, just coming to get away for a while.

·
Registered
984 Posts
C'est la vie.

Sorry to hear about your job. Good to hear you will come anyway. See you there!
Yeah, well, you know. Jobs come, jobs go. Have some irons in the fire, so to speak. Looks like there might be a fair sized bunch of us coming down from Olean, NY. Perhaps a half dozen or more. Weather looks a little iffy but I don't mind. Just put the 16 tooth front sprocket on this afternoon and am liking it very much. Gas here was $3.55/gal so I'm hoping it bumps my mileage up a bit. Met a rider from Colorado tonight while test riding the new sprocket on a BMW R1150GS. Nice chap, on his way to visit his brother in Binghamton. He bought me a coffee and I pointed him to a cheap motel here in town. Looking forward to the ride on Sunday.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts