StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
To reduce the wattage draw from my extra lights I ordered 35 watt Hella bulbs and installed just 1 on the right side. Went out on an after dark ride last night to see how much light was lost on the right side. Well surprise surprise it's brighter. It must be the higher quality Hella bulbs preform that much better than cheap 55w China made ones that came with the lights($15 from Walmart). Hurray.
I also put each light on it's own switch now so just one can be run during high draw times(heated vest and grips).

·
No longer riding.
1,520 Posts
I have 35 watt driving lights as well, I need to find new bulbs. I installed SilverStar head lamps last fall and like them, but the driving lamps are almost yellow compaired to the new head lights. I haven't really looked for new bulbs yet, but can you tell me where you got yours from?

·
Registered
218 Posts
Are 35w available at local auto parts stores.Please tell me if the Wal-Mart clear small lights are worth the money?
thx,
wolf1

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
I did the same thing with my el-cheapo Wal-Mart lights. I found very inexpensive replacement bulbs at Susquehanna Motorsports.

I wasn't patient enough to try the one bulb at a time thing, but I certainly didn't notice any big change afterwards.

·
Premium Member
2,726 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Susquehanna is also where I bought mine. Good prices for quality products. Also bought some Optilux 1500 lights from them. They'll replace the Walmart ones. Tested them in my dark garage and the beam pattern seems much better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts