StromTrooper banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
The weekend is here and I was itching for a long ride. A friend told me that the first green peanut crop was in, and she recommend a boiled peanut stand, that is up in Columbia, South Carolina which is about 150 miles from my house in Charleston. I figured I could test out the corbin, get boiled peanuts, and visit a city that I have never explored. My camera was on the fritz so a few of the pics were a little soft. The weather was perfect as well. 85f at the coast and 90f inland.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Highway 15 and 176

The big old house looks like the one at highway 15 and highway 176. Those fields look like the ones near St. Matthews off highway 176. Cool pics.

·
Registered
4,329 Posts
The pics still came out well.

Looks like a good little ride.

And what's the problem with going that far for peanuts :confused:

We cover 1000km [620miles approx] just to have a cup of coffee here in Australia........and that's only one way- another 1000km to come back home after we have drunk it. :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
424 Posts
We have gone 300 for ice cream. My wife does not like boiled peanuts. I like them fried or boiled.
Looked like a great ride. :thumbup:
Mike

·
Registered
934 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Boiled peanuts are great :yesnod: But,what are your thoughts on the Corbin?
Long story short it does the job. It fits the bike like crap, weighs 25lbs, and puts me on my tip toes but damn does the thing work. The last time I rode that far in a day was on a 24k Harley Tourer. Granted I wasn't as comfortable as on the tourer, but it was 100% better than stock, better than the gel, and better than the sargent. Towards the end of the ride I was getting a little hot down there and would have liked to put on my bead rider, but I don't think I could have touched the ground if I did. So for all it's fitment short comings it makes multiple hour rides possible for me. Next I need to address the buzz in the handle bars. It doesn't help that I lost a bar end weight.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Glad you enjoyed the ride but I don't think I'd do 300 miles for peanuts.

Now, 500 miles one way for fried chicken, YES. :thumbup: BTDT.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts