Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I love roaming in VT, would you mind giving a precise breakdown of the loop if you have it?
Curves, climbs, waterfalls... sound fun!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I love roaming in VT, would you mind giving a precise breakdown of the loop if you have it?
Curves, climbs, waterfalls... sound fun!
Sure thing. Here's the full loop.
https://tinyurl.com/yczkv8l5

All the lines going East or West are gaps, but the entire route is fun.
If you're looking for specific water spots or best places to eat near the route, I can throw a few your way too.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I saw your reply while i was away (couldn't log on with the tablet). Thanks a lot!

I plan to try it once i get my new tire this week :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here ya go.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
You, it's part of that big loop. We've done the other gaps on that big loop many times before, so I made a short one including only new-to-us ones :)

Full loop is outstanding as well.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Route 100 between Waitsfield and Warren there is a great swimming hole! Lots of spots to swim along the Mad River (Rte 17) but the spot between Warren and Waitsfield is sublime! Ask a local at the Warren Store...DAMHIK

·
Registered
676 Posts
I did a Vermont ride over the July 1st weekend. Spent a bunch of time in Green Mountain National Forest. Amazing riding, great swimming and great camping too. Being based in Montreal it's super easy for me to do a Vermont weekend so I expect to be spending more time down there in the future. In ten years living here I have barely spent any time in VT, now I can't believe what I have been missing.

Excuse my ignorance but what is a gap?

·
Registered
710 Posts
Hi Jay,
How is it crossing the border now? I haven't been to Canada since the 90s. A gap is a mtn pass. Do a search for Vt pass motorcycle ride, plenty of info.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi Jay,
How is it crossing the border now? I haven't been to Canada since the 90s. A gap is a mtn pass. Do a search for Vt pass motorcycle ride, plenty of info.
It is super easy if you are going for a pleasure trip, they love tourist money. I also cross a lot for work and if you know the right things to say it's also easy. I cross legally for work without a visa, always, but there are lots of trap words they look for so I know how to explain what I am doing in a way that doesn't get me flagged.

I have gotten searched a lot of times, they go through your bags etc. but although stressful I never have anything illegal so it's always ok. This is of course from my perspective as a white pretty normal looking guy. I know friends who have darker skin and they get searched and interviewed every time. Profiling at the border is a reality.

·
Registered
676 Posts
Hi Jay,
It is super easy if you are going for a pleasure trip, they love tourist money. I also cross a lot for work and if you know the right things to say it's also easy. I cross legally for work without a visa, always, but there are lots of trap words they look for so I know how to explain what I am doing in a way that doesn't get me flagged.

I have gotten searched a lot of times, they go through your bags etc. but although stressful I never have anything illegal so it's always ok. This is of course from my perspective as a white person. I know friends who have darker skin and they get searched and interviewed every time. Profiling at the border is a reality.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
I was in the area saturday, used my phone's "navigator" app. Big mistake as it took me in the middle of the loops map in class 4 and 3 roads (time to go back to sygic).

Still fun though, just, unexpected :lol1:

Got some footage out of the experience, and an awesome swimming spot!

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I was in the area saturday, used my phone's "navigator" app. Big mistake as it took me in the middle of the loops map in class 4 and 3 roads (time to go back to sygic).

Still fun though, just, unexpected :lol1:

Got some footage out of the experience, and an awesome swimming spot!
LOL Welcome to VT! That's how most of my rides would go when I would look for new roads. #1 reason I traded FJR for Vee!

·
Super Moderator
12,983 Posts
Was going over the gaps (Lincoln Gap, etc) once called something like "going down the ladder" or something like that? I rode it about 9 years ago... beautiful riding! I've been meaning too get back into the area again and your pictures remind me why!

..Tom

1 - 20 of 21 Posts