StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have owned many bikes, begining in the mid-60s to today, and I can say I have never had non-cyclist comment or talk to me about my bike at a redlight or stop sign. On the first ride of my 2012 Wee, today, I had three such comments. One younger lady, maybe in her 20s asked what kind of bike it was, "is that a new Buell" she asked while we were at a redlight. When I told her Suzuki she said "makes sense, looks too good to be a Buell" I really liked her...
The 2nd was a 40 to 50 year old male that said "Great looking bike" while at a redlight. But my absolute favorite was a little old black lady, probably in her mid 70s, that said "That's sho-nuff is a pretty cycle" which is actually pretty common speech here in the deep south. I just loved that it came from an older lady.
I LOVE this bike!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Love cutting through socio-economic-racial barriers, dont you? :yikes:

God knows we need more of that...Ride on, good Sir.

·
Registered
536 Posts
:thumbsup:

I thoroughly enjoy riding solo and have little to no need for chat sessions or feedback while stopped. However, unsolicited comments from non-rider types seem to have far more value and lead to more interesting exchanges than those from motorcyclists.

That's great stuff. Thanks for sharing.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
However, unsolicited comments from non-rider types seem to have far more value and lead to more interesting exchanges than those from motorcyclists.
I was once approached by a homeless guy for a handout at an intersection in Tampa whislt sitting on my Strom at a light.

I pointed to my helmet and shrugged.

Then he shouted: "NICE BIKE!".

I almost took the bait when the light turned mercifully green.

I think similarly, the young lady in the OP's OP, knowing the manliness of the typical V-Strom rider, just wanted a brief but memorable tryst.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts