StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking into buying my first 3/4 length jacket (tourmaster transition). Any issues using this type of jacket on the Vee with the up-draft air flow catching under the extra length of the jacket? Someone on Webbikeworld commented on this..

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
Never, I have a 3/4 Fieldsheer I've worn the last few winters, absolutely great in cold and wind, way, way better than the waist length jackets I used to wear. We got my wife a 3/4 jacket a couple winters ago too, she wouldn't be without it on chilly wet days.

·
Registered
875 Posts
I concur with the above, I prefer 3/4 sport touring jackets and they work well with the strom ergos.

·
Registered
283 Posts
+1 again,
Kiliminjaro for me and it works great.

·
Registered
15 Posts
agreed

I agree re the 3/4 -- using "Made 2 Ride" and "FirstGear" -- both excellent. Hardly use the short jackets at all. U wanna buy them...?!!

·
Registered
2,978 Posts
I have Kilimanjaro and Tourmaster Transition. I like Kilimanjaro except wrist portion of the sleeve. I prefer Tourmaster since it's a bit shorter then Kilimanjaro. More like 2/3 jacket and not 3/4. Not so bulky when sitting on the bike ( the back portion it's still longer then the front of the jacket) and velcro + wider sleeves mike it much more comfortable for me.

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Not having ever worn a 3/4 on a bike, what exactly happens to the jacket when you're sitting - doesn't it bunch up right where your stomach is?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
60,000 miles on my Transtion and still going( although it has started to leak ).

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
1,048 Posts
Waist length to 3/4 years ago. I hate my short waisted mesh jacket, it will turn into a 3/4 soon.
Like somebody said, unzip the bottom couple of inches and it won't bunch up.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
I am looking into buying my first 3/4 length jacket (tourmaster transition). Any issues using this type of jacket on the Vee with the up-draft air flow catching under the extra length of the jacket? Someone on Webbikeworld commented on this..
I just bought a transition 3 three weeks ago and absolutely love it! Great jacket. Really comfortable. Waterproof. Vents well. The list goes on. Great value for sure!

·
Premium Member
3,159 Posts
Granted, I like how the 3/4 jackets look - very safari dakar indeed.

That said, I have two normal moto jackets that both drop way down in the back, yet are cut so that they don't bunch up in the front. They really overlap with my high backed over pants by many inches, so there's no gaps whatsoever. I'm definitely curious why 3/4 jackets are so liked, even though one finds that unzipping from the bottom to avoid bunching is "what you do". Is it more of a "look" thing, or is there really a bonified functional advantage to having to unzip the front bottom (wouldn't that cause mayhem in a crash situation causing the whole jacket to unzip since it's already started to be unzipped?)

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'd guess because 3/4 length is an ongoing trend. I mean when viewing ride reports or look-at-me photos, most are sporting the 3/4 jackets... strong visual influence even if it is overkill.

I sold off the longer stuff a few years ago and ride with just waist length now. Didn't need all those pockets and the extra material wasn't doing anything for me.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts