StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well one of my life long dream rides is quickly coming up. One of my brothers and my son and I are leaving for Alaska June 18th (sorry Kevin). I'll be riding my ST1300, my brother, Steve, on his BMW K1200GT and I sold my DL1000 to my son. I bought this bike in 2007 in anticipation of an Alaskan trip but then the ST came along . At least the Vstrom will make it to Alaska and I might even steal it from him for a day. As I mentioned we are leaving on June 18th and have 30 days roughly planned for the trip. I'll be meeting my son, who lives in California, up in Park City, Utah the first night. My brother lives in Kansas City and will hook up with us in Great Falls, MT the next night (Fathers day, cool huh). We have a few folks along the way that have invited us to stay with them for a night but mostly we will be tent camping. A neat thing is Mellow, from the ST owners fourm, kindly lent me one of his SPOT units so you can track us in almost real time. The link to that site is here http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...YiTd3sNBE2ApP#
Wish us luck and good weather.
Arizona Jim

·
Registered
808 Posts
Cool! We'll be leaving June 18 from SF Bay area, will spend father's day at my dad's place in Seattle.. either Saturday night or Sunday night. Heading to Prudhoe Bay, hoping to hit Dust to Dawson if we make good time.

alaska2011.com

got a blog and a spot as well. Look out for my CA plates AK BIKE on my Wee.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What kind of bikes are you riding so I can keep an eye out for you? My son is riding my old DL1000 so I might have to commandeer it from him and make that haul road trip too.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts